Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My free subscription expires next Monday, and the Sirius guy just calls me with the plans to pick from for continued service. When I told him I wasn't sure I wanted it anymore, he seemed confused. With an Ipod jack, 6 disc changer and the stereo, why do I need Sirius? $129 per year to have a bunch of stations that I never seem to find anything decent to listen to. I'm thinking pass.

Anyone else decide not to re-up with Sirius?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have had sirius for two years and dont know what I would do without it. I love sports and howard stern thats why I keep it.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I did not renew my subscription beyond the free period. I only drive the Bullitt on nice weekends and not everyday. Even when I had the trial period, I only listened to the oldies stations so it did not make sense to renew at full price. If they can come up with a package that only included the oldies at a greatly reduced price I may reconsider but the full package is just too much for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I Renewed

The best thing in the world is being in the garage on a nice (or not-so-nice) day waxing the Bullitt and listening to channel 6 (60's music). Just like 1968!
I renewed with a cheaper "music only" plan.

mogul2us BLK 1402

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Sirius is only worth it if you drive long distance IMHO. I had XM for a few years in my Pontiac when I drove 3 hours round trip daily for work and I loved it. I had Sirius in my '07 GT and liked it too but since I didn't drive far I let it run out. I might consider getting sat radio again with a portable that I can plug into the MP3 jack- at least it wouldn't be stuck in my car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have "Pandora" on my iphone, it is a free download and allows me to make up my own radio stations. I plugs into my ipod adapter and sounds great on the "Shaker 1000".
anywhere I have a 'edge' or '3G' signal.

Anyway in short, I have never used my Sirius, even though I have it, and If I could give it to someone I would.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
+1 on the Pandora.

I also have Slacker which has better channels I think. It's free as well

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just got the letter from Sirius on my 08 F150 today, I've just been waiting for it to expire so I could put in my other stereo. I can put an 8gb SD memory card into my other stereo and have days worth of mp3's

Thats the reason I searched for a Bullitt without the satalite radio, didnt want it and hate the "wart" on the trunk everyone else has. No wart on my trunk lid.

Just not ready to pay for radio yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am not re-upping my subscription. I never used it when it was free, the compression they use makes everything sound like garbage.

Showa

·
Registered
275 Posts
i let it cancel in my work car, they keep calling me to rejoin. I keep telling them I have an MP3 jack and listen to an Ipod, they try and tell me it's only 21 dollars a month, all the while I am looking at the sirius website that shows an a' la carte menu to pick 50 stations for less than half that price. I dont miss it.I still manage to hear the same music I hear on free radio.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have it an love it. The Bullitt is my first car with it.
I only pay the $13 every 3 months so for a little over 4 dollars a month it is worth it. Howard Stern is mainly what I listen to.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have 4 XM receivers so I do like the satellite radio. I plan to keep the Sirius if I can get a good enough deal. I may shut it off in the winter and only subscribe in the summer, say March through September, if it won't be a huge headache.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
betoesca said:
I have it an love it. The Bullitt is my first car with it.
I only pay the $13 every 3 months so for a little over 4 dollars a month it is worth it. Howard Stern is mainly what I listen to.
How is it you only pay $13 every three months? They want $12.99 per month as I understand it. Also someone mentioned a music only plan? I need to check out the Sirius website and see what else they offer.

Thanks gang!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wish it was XM

I kept mine but added the "XM Package" because I HAVE TO listen to Opie and Anthony...

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Jeff and I had Sirius in our 05 before we got the 08 Bullitt. Now we have one that we move back and forth between Blue and our Dodge truck in addition to the one in the 08 that came stock. We have future plans to remove that wart on the trunk. I carry my mother-in-law on my subscription. That makes for an easy mother's day gift every year. She loves it as well.

·
Registered
309 Posts
NoCal Tom said:
How is it you only pay $13 every three months? They want $12.99 per month as I understand it. Also someone mentioned a music only plan? I need to check out the Sirius website and see what else they offer.

Thanks gang!
Tom,
All I know is I bought the car used in Nov. of last year. When I called Sirius in Dec. they said something about having a special price for that car. I don't know what that meant but when she said $13 every 3 months instead of each month it was a no brainer.
I assume that you are paying $13 each month? I have Sirius everything which means I get the music channels and Howard Stern. I also can listen online, I am not sure whether that is standard or not.
I did not get a military discount or anything like that. I just gave them the radio id and went from there.
I would suggest that you call them because if it is car specific then we should all get it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts