Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Bullitt just passed its 3 year mark a few weeks ago and this past weekend I went to start it and the battery was completely dead. With COVID and my wife and I both working from home we bought a battery charger so I keep the battery charged in between drives. My wife now commutes to work M-W-F each week so it gets driven and up until recently didn't need to be charged in between drives. But this past week we had some cold weather and between Wed and Sat not driving the car and the cold weather it sapped the battery. So I charged up the battery to 100% and was able to get it to start. But after letting it sit for a few hours without driving it the battery was already nearly depleted (I was able to start it but just barely). So it appears the battery needs to be replaced given its inability to hold a charge.

Was curious if anyone else has had to replace their battery yet? Was also curious if Ford would pro-rate the replacement of the battery or if I should just have my local mechanic replace it and not mess with Ford.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
I would just get a new battery, a good one, and have the charging system checked.. Also, I would suggest you install a dedicated negative (ground) cable from the alternator bracket bolt direct to the battery - post for better grounding. After three years I'd not bother with Ford. Good luck.

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt DHG K2296
3 Posts
My 2019 Bullitt just passed its 3 year mark a few weeks ago and this past weekend I went to start it and the battery was completely dead. With COVID and my wife and I both working from home we bought a battery charger so I keep the battery charged in between drives. My wife now commutes to work M-W-F each week so it gets driven and up until recently didn't need to be charged in between drives. But this past week we had some cold weather and between Wed and Sat not driving the car and the cold weather it sapped the battery. So I charged up the battery to 100% and was able to get it to start. But after letting it sit for a few hours without driving it the battery was already nearly depleted (I was able to start it but just barely). So it appears the battery needs to be replaced given its inability to hold a charge.

Was curious if anyone else has had to replace their battery yet? Was also curious if Ford would pro-rate the replacement of the battery or if I should just have my local mechanic replace it and not mess with Ford.
Yes mine went dead last year it charged back up. I wired a connection for a Battery Tender that I can quickly plug and unplug under the hood. If you have to get a new battery I still strongly suggest getting a Battery Tender it will save you money in the long run and your car will start after weeks and weeks of not driving. They will charge battery when needed then go into storage mode when it detects the battery getting drawn down it will again automatically charge then go back to storage mode. It will not shorten the life of your battery like a regular charger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts