Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm giving thought to replacing my clutch quadrant on my Bullitt. Besides totally hating this transmission, the clutch never gives me an even engagement. It's always jerky and grabbing, never a smooth take-off. There's never any chatter so I don't think the clutch itself is bad, but the engagement is dicey at best. It's hard to really explain it. I'm wondering if a double or triple hook quadrant would help make the clutch smoother to engage. Has anyone tried this? Is it much of a job to replace? Would you recommend replacing the cable as well, or is it okay to just change out the quadrant and keep the original cable?

Any thoughts or opinions would be most welcome.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
I have the Steeda quadrant and firewall adjuster. I had mine replaced when my clutch was installed. The quad is ten times better than the plastic one. My cable was not stretched from use so they did not replace it. The clutch definitely stays adjusted and the release point is now consistent. From what I've read most people think the OEM cable is better than any of the adjustable cables.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Go with the double hook quadrant. There is no need for the triple and it would make your pedal harder.

The best cable believe it or not is the stock ford cable. If you get the firewall adjuster (and you should) then there will be some trimming needed on a rubber bushing on the stock cable. Once that is done you will be fine and you can adjust the clutch to your liking by the firewall adjuster very easy. Just save your Steeda Cable as a backup.

It is not hard to put in........my Son did it for me and he is over six feet tall!

It is well worth the money as the stock plastic one bends under force and the ratchet thingy does not always ratchet properly.

Get it and you will be happy! Instructions are included with the kits.

Make sure you get both the Steeda Firewall Adjuster AND the Double Hook Quadrant. IF you are really wanting a Triple Hook (but I don't know why you would) I have a new one I can send to you. I bought both the double and triple and finally decided on using the double.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is just the kind of input I was looking for. I guess I'll look at a double then.

Thanks!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I just put a bid in on a double hook quadrant and adjuster. We'll see what I'm getting myself into...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I am also looking at a double hook quad to replace the stocker. I am wondering if maybe going with the quick release isn't a better idea? What's better when it comes to quick release vs. double hook? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a Fiore quadrant and quick adjuster for sale. They have less than 500 miles of use. It is by far the best design I have seen, and I love the quick adjuster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts