Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an MRT catted h-pipe with the stock Bullitt catback? Just wondering how it would sound. I plan to keep the stock Bullitt catback and just change the midpipe. I think I've narrowed it down to the MRT catted h-pipe or the JBA off-road h-pipe. I wonder how much the cats will cut down on the sound and flow.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
sganow said:
Does anyone have an MRT catted h-pipe with the stock Bullitt catback? Just wondering how it would sound. I plan to keep the stock Bullitt catback and just change the midpipe. I think I've narrowed it down to the MRT catted h-pipe or the JBA off-road h-pipe. I wonder how much the cats will cut down on the sound and flow.
YES YES YES!! A great combo IMO- It will rumble your feet!! It's still a unique enough sound without being annoying, people have complaimneted it and asked me what exhaust I'm running.. I won't change a thing- In fact I put a MRT catted H on the wife's Roush (same cats) earlier this year with the Roush muffs = :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
FordFan said:
YES YES YES!! A great combo IMO- It will rumble your feet!! It's still a unique enough sound without being annoying, people have complaimneted it and asked me what exhaust I'm running.. I won't change a thing- In fact I put a MRT catted H on the wife's Roush (same cats) earlier this year with the Roush muffs = :)
Do you have a video of your setup? I bet it sounds great.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I went the whole 9 yards including MRT's H-pipe, and the 3.5" brushed tips. See sig.

Awesome sound! Same setup is on Scott's RELOAD package and Scott's Black Bullitt, "Reload".

·
Premium Member
8,781 Posts
sganow said:
I had MRT install their catted H-Pipe last year and kept the stock Bullitt catback. The sound is a little louder with a deeper tone.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW, there are no MIL issues with the catted h-pipe? Just curious. My son had a Bassani catted x-pipe on his Mach 1 and the MIL still came on. I'm hoping to not have to deal with that. Of course, if I went with the JBA off-road h-pipe, I would need to make some MIL eliminators.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
jeffs89gt said:
over the next few days ill have a bbk o/r x on mine with the rest of the exhaust staying stock. ill put up a video after its done
I'm curious to see how you like this configuration. I installed this on mine and hated it. It was VERY raspy and embarassing at 1600-1900rpm. The quality of the O/R pipe was excellent, but I hated the sound. Post sound when complete. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
sganow said:
BTW, there are no MIL issues with the catted h-pipe? Just curious. My son had a Bassani catted x-pipe on his Mach 1 and the MIL still came on. I'm hoping to not have to deal with that. Of course, if I went with the JBA off-road h-pipe, I would need to make some MIL eliminators.
NO problems with mine.. LOVE the sound!!!!!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I tried ordering the MRT catted h pipe but they had none in stock. This is the 2nd time I've tried ordering and they didn't have any. I plan to be working on my car in the next week or two and wanted to install the h pipe at the same time while I had the car in the air. So, I ordered the JBA stainless off-road h pipe from Stage3 Motorsports. I'll have to let you all know what I think after I get it installed. Basically, it should sound just like Cam's with his MRT off-road h pipe. Ok, I'm starting to get excited now! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.