Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've been fantasizing about it for months. There are two jet sizes for the wet kits, 50 and 75 horsepower. That doesn't sound like much but they also add about 125 ft/lbs or torque. So with a Bullitt you should be able to get close to 400 horsepower and 450 ft/lbs when you push the button. A fully optioned kit should be under $1000, including bottle heater, remote bottle opener and so on.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Be certain of your State's Laws concerning Nitrous before you drive such an animal on the street - in Arkansas (among a few other states) if you have the bottle hooked-up on the street, and you're stopped - it's automagically assumed you have been streetracing, and you may lose the car.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hmm, I've never heard of that around here. I don't think that is very fair, there are many types of power adders... Why not confiscate the car with the supercharger too then?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the torque numbers are always ridiculously higher. and the ZEX kit is 529 on brenspeed, where I could also get a custom tune from them and the racer kit from bamachips is around 300 including a purge kit, bottle pressure gauge, bottle heater,and a safety blow down kit. so you're right on with the pricing. :wink:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm, I've never heard of it either and I live in Texas. but I know that city laws might be different. If you are caught going 100+, you may lose you're car in a town, like five mins from me. but true, why not confiscate a car with the supercharger or turbo. a buddy of mine with an 06 GT with a saleen blower running 11.20s got pulled over a few months ago, and just got a speeding ticket.. hmmm..

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Dave and Julie said:
Hmm, I've never heard of that around here. I don't think that is very fair, there are many types of power adders... Why not confiscate the car with the supercharger too then?
Like Laws have to make any sense to be Enforced?

Arkansas also has a Law prohibiting any child under the age of 7 from riding on the back of their parents' Motorcycle. No size-restrictions, nothing that demands the child (of whatever age) have a protective helmet and clothing, nothing about the Law that says anything about *HOW* it will be determined the child is under 7 short of stopping everybody that's riding with a smallish passenger, just the Law and the Penalties............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts