Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has.........who makes them, where can you buy them, are they hard to install, and can you still have back seat passengers? Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Jay,
Funny you should mention that. I just installed 4-points on both front seats yesterday. No roll bar needed. I got SCHROTH Rallye4's from Sube Sports (www.subesports.com). They anchor into the existing front and rear mounting locations and you can leave the existing seatbelts in all four locations and use them or the SCHROTHs, your choice. There is a quick release to remove the shoulder harness so someone can use the back seat. Takes 5 seconds.
The install was easy. First I removed the existing seatbelt loop that sticks out the side of the headrests with a Torx 25 bit (this isn't required but sure looks a heck of a lot nicer and gets the stock straps out of the way).
Then you'll need a Torx50 bit for two of the front and two of the back anchors, an open ended 18mm wrench for two of the front anchors, and an 18mm socket for the other two rears.
You'll also want to go to page 85 of your owners manual and "Deactvate the seatbelt minder" so that does not drive you crazy (I had already done this the first day I had the car).
The SCHROTHs I got are red...Looks great with the Bullitt! Also GLUES your butt to the seat. Really feels like you're strapping on the Bullitt now! The lap belts have nice thick leather that sits against you..even if very snug it's quite comfortable!
I hope to have pics for you soon.
http://www.subesports.com/products/?cartID=20020107133852152.163.188.198&cat=Harness+Belts&brand=Schroth&prodID=246

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
One more note...
The shoulder harnesses stay on the seat-top OK with the headrest full down for friction (one strap on each side of the post), but I like my headrest full-up so here's what I did:
If you put the headrest full-up you'll notice a black, flat square piece of plastic at its base. I lifted that up a bit, wrapped some thin black rubber coated electrical wire around the post and around each strap then tied the ends togther behind the post...then pushed the plastic pice down on top of the wire and edges of the straps...A nearly invisible retention system!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts