Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After noticing how tall the antenna looks,in proportion to the rest of the Bullitt,I took an antenna,I had from an 86 LX,shortened it up about 7-8 inches,reinstalled the ball tip,and used a factory type blackout paint to coat it. Looks real trick now.....Give it a shot! Oh and the radio reception is still just fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-11-05 20:01 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Did the same here too about 8 inches off. Put the ball back ontop and fixed it on with JB weld. As I agonized over how to touch up and what kind of paint I was going to use, I reached over on the desk and grabbed a permanent black marker and just painted it with the marker. Looks fine. Real low tech.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Funny you should ask. After going with a shortened antenna for a while I just got in the mail today my billett aluminum/steel antenna from Haney Motorsport (http://www.haneymotorsport.com) and it looks like it will be perfect (I selected the most basic design of their selection).

The only problem is that the base is not threaded on the inside. I'm sure it's supposed to be to so the Ford adaptor can screw into it. I already emailed Pat about this and am sure he'll clear up my current confusion in no time.
EDIT: Haney contacted me immediately and is sending out another antenna (style 5) and he's trusting me to send him back the non-threaded one as son as I can. Nice guy!!!
Black#5578 born Wed 8-22-01
SteedaTri-Ax,DensChrgr100mm,MGW satin & shift handle,FordRcng3.73's & Alum.Drvshft,rear mudgrds,30mm H&R spacers rear whls,AutoLogic chip

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-11-07 13:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2001-11-19 13:45 ]</font>

·
Banned
975 Posts
Bought a Bullitt Antenna from HaneyMotorSports. Looks good.
:bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-10 23:20 ]</font>

·
Registered
260 Posts
It looks like there is 4 different styles, which one you get?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I ordered the simplest design, #5.
http://www.digitalstorefronts.com/store/temp6.asp?cartid=7229&ItemNumber=6646

Black#5578 born Wed 8-22-01
SteedaTri-Ax,DensChrgr100mm,MGW satin & shift handle,FordRcng3.73's & Alum.Drvshft,rear mudgrds,30mm H&R spacers rear whls,AutoLogic chip

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-11-06 07:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-11-06 07:47 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i saw MB4875's new antenna,...it looks good!

·
Banned
975 Posts
I ordered # 3 for "MB 4875 ". If you buy one do not forget the small antenna adapter for the the Mustang.
:bullitt:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Got my #5 on now...Looks GREAT. Perfect height, though I may satin brush the polished tip and base to match the rest of the brushed aluminum in the car (I have a mild abrasive jeweler's satin rubber block from Bergeon for this kind of work).

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
G'Day Karl!
All told with the little Ford adaptor the antenna came to around $30. Simple installation with the same open-end wrench for removing stock and tightening the new.
I've noticed absolutely no difference in reception around Tucson.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts