Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone would like to get in on this. I already purchased mine and love them sooooo much that i though i would try to get others hooked up also. this is another one of those mods that should have came standard. If you think the car stops well stock, man are you in for it. If you are like me and think the brakes are OK, then you need in on this one. If you dont buy anything more than the pads you wont be disapointed.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I would be interested, my pads already squeal and I only have 3500 miles on it. First thing I do on all my new sportbikes is put new pads on, makes a huge difference, should be the same with the Bullitt. Let me know where you got the package deal and what the $ damage is.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i would but it depends on how much we talking here

REAL RACERS DRIVE STRAIT TO THE FINISH LINE THE OTHER GUYS DRIVE AROUND IN CIRCLES LOOKING FOR IT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 2918 on 2001-10-23 09:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
229 Posts
Where did you find hawk brake pads? i just went to their website and did a search for cobra brake pads and they said they didn't have them.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I wrote Maximum Motorsports and they quoted me $355.35 for the front Powerslot rotors and Hawk HPS front pads. That included everything, and since I live in CA that includes tax so anyone outside CA will save a few more bucks. I am going to jump on the deal and anyone else that wants in talk to:
Matt Main
Sales/Tech
Maximum Motorsports, Inc.
805-544-8748

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the price i paid without a bulk buy was 302 (115+115+72) with 25 for shipping. I havent worked it all out with the company just yet, they wanted me to see how many would be interested before we talked numbers. the company is called thunder racing www.thunderracing.com I have scoured the web for the best prices and these people seem to be the lowest for the same product. MM was way over priced.

yea, hawks web page isnt that good. i had to find the part number under a 98 cobra, they are all the same.

hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-23 17:43, tracktoy wrote:
Well the price i paid without a bulk buy was 302 (115+115+72) with 25 for shipping. </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

For that kind of price, I'd be interested.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Is this something that can be purchased from Fordspeed.com. They gave us a decent price on the TriAx group buy (I thought), and I know that a contact we have there said that they would be willing to entertain future group buys.

I guess I could check their site to see if they carry the stuff eh? :smile:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Tracktoy:

You didn't mention what brand rotors Thunder was selling for that price. Are they Powerslot? And are the pads the HPS or HP Plus?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#4660 on 2001-10-24 09:38 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
this is something that i would DEFINATELY consider!!
keep us posted!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-24 09:19, Bullitt#4660 wrote:
Tracktoy:

You didn't mention what brand rotors Thunder was selling for that price. Are they Powerslot? And are the pads the HPS or HP Plus?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#4660 on 2001-10-24 09:38 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry about that. They are powerslot rotors, and the HPS pads for street application. Not the HP Plus, they are too agressive for everyday use.

Even if we dont get this together on a bulk buy, you can check their site for that and other products. www.thunderracing.com

·
Registered
714 Posts
FYI: just got an e-mail from David @ Thunder Racing and they have a 10% off deal going till the end of the month on Hawk pads and Powerslot rotors. Total price for the Bullitt front rotors and pads are $271 plus shipping. Can't beat that deal! Here is the contact info:

David Tuschhoff
Sales and Customer support
Toll free #877-516-7223
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i'm giving this serious thought
thanks for your eforts 4660!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can someone who's installed the powerslot rotors on their Bullitt post a few pictures? I'm curious as to the looks with the red calipers and Bullitt wheels.

·
Registered
229 Posts
what are you gaining by adding the powerslot rotors that you don't get just by adding the hawk pads? Unless you have some serious cooling issues, it doesn't seem the slotted rotors will have an effect on daily driving.

·
Banned
975 Posts
The Powerslot rotors are Cadimum Plated including the hat portion that attaches to the rim. This will cure the rust problem after driving in the rain. I am purchasing them so I don't have to pull the tires after every time I drive to a Show in the rain and clean the rotors.
My 2 cents.
:bullitt:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I cant really say how much heat it will evacuate under everyday drivng, but i usually drive pretty agressive. The look of the rotors on the car is awesome, worth the price of admission a lone! And for added value, they wont rust. that is really a plus. I want to change the rears now, but i cant justify the money when the rears are not used as much and wont benifit from the slots. But the pads will make a huge difference. Like i said before, if you think this car stops now wait till you change to a real pad. You no longer have to push the pedal so far to have the same result, as they grab better now.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Installed the Powerslots and Hawks this weekend. Although they aren't fully worn in yet they stop great. I think the slots in the rotors are as much for cleaning the face of the pad as they are for cooling. And they don't look too bad either.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts