Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep calling places and they dont seem to be mustang oriented. I hava a mechaninc that told me around 200, i want to know if that is too much. sure seems like it, since people have done the work in their driveways.

also looking for a place to do the 4:10's also

thanks!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tracktoy on 2001-08-21 13:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well 200 doesnt sound to bad. It took me and my buddy about 4 hours to do front and rear and off rack bushings and the bump stop. If you have some jacks and some tools there are good directions on mustangworld.com

what springs are you putting in??? I would also check to see if the drop will be much more then it already is. I had FMS C springs on my 2000GT, and it looks like it dropped just a little more then the bullitt sits stock.

I would also find out if the shocks will handle the drop well or not.

Doug

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Hey Tracktoy, did you get the Eibach sportlines? its pretty easy to do it your self if you have the tools. i can give a step by step instruction to include which tools to use if ya like...here is another pic of 161 and my friends 98GT both are lowered

as long as you dont go over a 2' drop you wont have any troubles with your shocks. any more than that and youll have to get new ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Black Sunshine #161 on 2001-08-21 15:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you guys have any problems with ground clearance with the front mud flaps after lowering the car?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On 2001-08-21 15:19, Black Sunshine #161 wrote:
Hey Tracktoy, did you get the Eibach sportlines? its pretty easy to do it your self if you have the tools. i can give a step by step instruction to include which tools to use if ya like...here is another pic of 161 and my friends 98GT both are lowered

I went with the h&r's. the streets in washington D.C. are terrible, i know 1.75, isnt too far from 2.0, but i still needed a little more cussion. I think i will be satisfied. thanks for the instructions to do it myself, but i am gonna leave this one to someone who has done is before. i am a little nervous about the spring load and all.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
No problem. as far as ground clearence i have not had any trouble. only once have they been knocked off and thats cause a cop was following me real close and i wasnt paying attention to the road and drove into a big pothole. they went back on with out incident though. post some pics when your done> 200 bucks seems a little steep to me but i guess depending on where you live it might be a good price. down here i wouldnt give over 150.......goodluck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts