Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone who can translate something into chinese for me:

"The object of the superior man is truth"

any help out there?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Funny you mention that. I had Chinese for dinner tonight and the fortune cookies had "learn Chinese" in them (plus the lottery numbers :grin:) and I learned that "Chean ju yee, neu pun yau" means "Pay attention, girlfriend!" Well, I put two phrases together to say that. It could be the other way around, like in Spanish.

Try this website. http://freetranslation.paralink.com/ When I typed in your request, I got "對象的上級男子是真理", you may have better luck.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Do you need the Chinese characters for the phrase; "The object of the superior man is truth"? If so, I can ask one of the engineers in China that I work with who could translate the phrase. It will take a few days. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
A word of warning.

Think about what you want to do with it ? I had a Chinese girlfriend and I know some Chinese people as well.
Get about five to translate it and every one will write it different and translater it different !
Loads of different dialects and languages from that vast Country.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warning, Bob, I kinda got that impression when I looked around the web.

Greg, that's the phrase i"m looking for. I think Confucius said it, so I figure there's a direct translation somewhere. If you can find a version for me, that'll be great.

Beers, Paul

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Weird, the characters from my last post show up at work, but at home, they are just little squares.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
rpmdds said:
Thanks for the warning, Bob, I kinda got that impression when I looked around the web.

Greg, that's the phrase i"m looking for. I think Confucius said it, so I figure there's a direct translation somewhere. If you can find a version for me, that'll be great.

Beers, Paul
I just sent her an e-mail with the phrase. She will probably translate it into Mandarin which is the most popular language/dialect in China.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bullitt4003 said:
I just sent her an e-mail with the phrase. She will probably translate it into Mandarin which is the most popular language/dialect in China.
That's great. I like those little oranges...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Confucius say: man who go to sleep with itchy bum wakes up with stinky finger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts