Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I'm going to guess that it is an early Henderson. They built motocycles during the early part of the last century with a similar in-line 4 engine layout.

Eventually Henderson merged with Excelsior to form Excelsior Henderson. They produced the Super X, a Harley-Davidson/Indian competitor.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll wait a bit longer. Anyone? Karl? Here's a hint. This is the 1st four cylinder motorcycle ever built.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the "wine bottle" exhaust hanging from the motor. This motorcycle had no clutch so to stop you had to turn off the motor and then peddle to restart it.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's another clue should give it away. The manufacturer is a foreign small arms dealer.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Winner. Give that man a cigar. FN or Fabriques Nationales is a Belgium manufacturer of firearms and ammunition. They stopped making motorcycles in 1967. The were also the first manufacturer to use shaft drive in the early 1900's.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
barry bullitt said:
Winner. Give that man a cigar. FN or Fabriques Nationales is a Belgium manufacturer of firearms and ammunition. They stopped making motorcycles in 1967. The were also the first manufacturer to use shaft drive in the early 1900's.
then THIS statement is false.
barry bullitt said:
... Here's a hint. This is the 1st four cylinder motorcycle ever built.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why is that? You can see it's shaft drive on his picture. In 1905 FN manufactured the first 4 cylinder motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts