Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed to my horror that the Bullitt I bought like 3 weeks ago has a stock GT instrument cluster! :evil: Anyone know where I can get a replacement OEM Bullitt/Mach 1 Instrument cluster with the retro gauges? :cry:

Also, sometimes when I shift my speedomer drops to 0 and stays there until I change gears again. Anyone know what the problem could be? The previous owner told me it has 3.73 gears, could the programming be messed up?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Gears will cause the Speedo to read high, not drop off like that. Could be a bad gauge cluster.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
chrysamere said:
I just noticed to my horror that the Bullitt I bought like 3 weeks ago has a stock GT instrument cluster! :evil: Anyone know where I can get a replacement OEM Bullitt/Mach 1 Instrument cluster with the retro gauges? :cry:

Also, sometimes when I shift my speedomer drops to 0 and stays there until I change gears again. Anyone know what the problem could be? The previous owner told me it has 3.73 gears, could the programming be messed up?
Check a Mustang salvage yard (maybe?)or the dealer. Also check the internet, Google, etc.. You will find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
finding anything BULLITT in a salvage yard is going to be pretty hard. set up a WTB in the swap meet section on here. some bullitt owners have switched to a white faced cobra gauges so they may sell you their stock ones. also ebay it or just go to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Ha ha.....I posted that I had a cluster, but then I decided that I did not want to sell it. Unfortunately you cannot delete posts for some reason, only edit them.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
Ha ha.....I posted that I had a cluster, but then I decided that I did not want to sell it. Unfortunately you cannot delete posts for some reason, only edit them.
Yeah i noticed that one time. i started a thread and realised i had started it in the wrong Section, and had to start it again in the right one and just link the threads together. DEE DE DEE aaron :py: :lol:

yeah but which gauges did you go with? im thinking about going with the reverse glow set up but not sure because i love my stock ones.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I bought the Autometer Lunar Cluster when they first came out for 550.00!!!!
Then not a month later at the 2nd Nats in Arizona there the same cluster was on the tables for 350.00!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
I bought the Autometer Lunar Cluster when they first came out for 550.00!!!!
Then not a month later at the 2nd Nats in Arizona there the same cluster was on the tables for 350.00!
LMAO, i know how that feels. but it always happend to me with Phones. id get the NEWEST "better" nextel and then a week later a better one would come out and that one would be 50% off lol.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Side note, I think the mach1 gauge cluster is a little different. I could be wrong though, maybe thats just with the IUP.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I noticed the problem with my speedometer only happens rarely in 1st gear and much more commonly in 3rd gear, but never in 2nd, 4th, or 5th. Changing gears or going back to neutral usually wakes the speedometer up. Any more ideas on what could be causing this?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
chrysamere said:
I noticed the problem with my speedometer only happens rarely in 1st gear and much more commonly in 3rd gear, but never in 2nd, 4th, or 5th. Changing gears or going back to neutral usually wakes the speedometer up. Any more ideas on what could be causing this?
did you check the wiring in the back? check to see if something is loose or maybe a bad sensor. check the less expensive things first :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Why would you swap out the bullitt gauge for a stock GT one? That's like paying for a feature just to throw it in the trash when you get home... That's one of the silliest things I've ever heard... I mean, if you're upgrading to a high-end cluster or changing to white faces, reverse light-up, etc... that's your personal preference... but to just down-grade? I'm sure glad you got that Bullitt away from the obviously adept, previous owner!! Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
clarktl said:
Why would you swap out the bullitt gauge for a stock GT one? That's like paying for a feature just to throw it in the trash when you get home... That's one of the silliest things I've ever heard... I mean, if you're upgrading to a high-end cluster or changing to white faces, reverse light-up, etc... that's your personal preference... but to just down-grade? I'm sure glad you got that Bullitt away from the obviously adept, previous owner!! Good luck with your search!

Not Necessarily true. Remember some BULLITTs came with GT type C-pillars, exaust tips, C-pillar glass, seats. side scoops. So it wouldn't be odd that his came with a GT type gauge cluster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i will check around .there is a mustang restore shop next town over with a black bullitt selling parts off of severe front right damage will call them . (semo mustang) Gordonville,Mo 63752 -0078 there phone number is 1-573-243-7664 or 1-573-243-1119.oh Mr.Bullitt is that a Cobra R front bumper and black out lenses look awesome

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you bullitt1972, i'd really appreciate it!

Also, the speedometer mystery is solved. the 3.73 gears had a speedometer programmer box shoved under the shifter panel and whenever I would shift forward into 1st or 3rd it was pinching the wire and cutting it off from the speedometer. I relocated it and it works fine now.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i belive mach gauges are the same cept for they have a higher redline and that one on ebay is a BULLITT cluster since the redline isnt as high as the machs. I belive there is 6500 or 7k...now that i think about it the autos may have had a diffrent redline but that definatly looks the exact same as a bullitt cluster

1 - 20 of 35 Posts