Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No, this is not a double post. I am posting this in the OHIO section along with Bullitt Chat for Mrstangman as he is out of town and just won a 68 Dodge Charger RT (like the one in the movie) and would like anyone/someone to check it out for him before he pays for shipping all the way to Washington State where he lives.

Here is the e-bay ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38.l1313%26_nkw%3D320322050509%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&item=320322050509&viewitem=

Here is Mrstangman's (Pete) cell phone number to call him: 1-425-345-0357 He would appreciate it very much if someone could go look at it and give him feedback as soon as possible. The seller's phone number is: 1-740-572-1671

Pete is almost finished with his 68 Fastback Replica and now he will hopefully have this 68 Charger to go with it!

Thanks for the help....

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes he probably should have Mark. He said it happened so fast and he really didn't expect to win until he was notified. Hope it works out

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
He could maybe transport it himself for less if he had the time. Or could store it somewhere nearby in Ohio till he could get it. You know, drive the pickup down there, rent an open trailer and tow the mess home.
If it's all there, and not too torn up it's worth the selling price. They are getting dear in price the past so many years. He was looking for a project car right?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes David, Pete wants another project car. He is almost finished with his 68 Fastback Replica and wanted a Charger RT to go with. He said he is going to hire one of those transport companies to ship it over to Washington.

UPdate: Member chillibullitt is kind enough to drive over to Frandfort from his hometown several miles away to check out the car/motor for Mrstangman. Thanks Cam! Now that's what Bullitthead brotherhood is all about! :wink:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Way to go Cam!

I would like an 68 Charger RT as well... I'm kinda jealous. It doesn't look too terrible to me. But that's a photo over the internet. Hopefully it'll be worth every penny and more, be a great project and we will get to see the results of a great restoration project someday. ;-)

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
how did this all work out? did pete get the car to washington yet?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris, I am e-mailing him as we speak. It was all legit (car and motor) and what the seller said it was according to chillibullitt, who took his day off to drive over there to check it out for Pete. :)

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Latest news on Pete's newly acquired 68 Charger...

Here are Pete's own words today:

I am gearing up for transport as soon as possible . It's looking like leaving Ohio maybe this friday or early next week. I have been talking to the guy (Bill) who owns it pretty much everyday . He seems like a real nice cool car kinda guy.The more I listen to his history and experience of the car the more my interest percs up about finding such a diamond in the rough so to speak . I just hope it really insn't that ROUGH :lol: It sounds and looks like truely a 68 RT 440 4 speed car that currently has an automatic in it .

So the story goes it has a 0 mile motor in it along with tranny and rear end with new brakes /shocks, gas tank and lines along with new quarters and is at the stage of fixing a few little rust spots in trunk and right passenger floor. Then color change it to triple black and then assemble with love and patience LOL

After seeing my fastback sandblasted I am leary about doing the same to the Charger . The Fastback really tells a story now . It needs a new right rear quarter a right door shell some floor pan sections a tail lamp panel a left quarter extension. Heck I already bought a new hood and decklid . Dang I almost should have just bought ome of those new replacement bodies LOL Oh well I gone this far ...no turning back now. Heck I think I am 30 into this so far and there be another 10 at least to go. DANG, if I think about it too much, I'll be almost to a point of being afraid to drive it when it's done. Oh well, it's only money.... Heck I need to win the lotto or mega lotto :lol: :lol:
Ok that's the latest,

Pete

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Vicki,

Just saw this Post .............

Was that like Frankfort, KY ?????????

That is where I am from !!!!!!!!!!

Terry
No Terry, that would be the one in Ohio. Thanks anyway. Day late-dollar short. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.