Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard the the Dublin Dr Pepper bottling facility still makes the real thing, with cane sugar. Man, I miss that stuff. The product they sell elsewhere, while good, just isn't the same as the original. Anyone who is a Dr Pepper drinker knows the difference. If any of you ever make your way to Florida, I will gladly pay you to fill the back of a truck with it :grin:

·
Registered
287 Posts
This sounds like a possible sequel to Smokey and the bandit. :smile:

"The boys are thirsty in Central Florida, and there's Dr. Pepper in Texarcana..."

:grin

Scott D.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you mention that. Supposedly there is a limit of 25 cases if you are moving outside the Dublin franchise area :grin:

They do ship, but the price is way to high. Like $13 a case, $5 to package it, and about $10 to ship. A case might last me a week if I went easy on it.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I never really thought about it, but when I was a little kid, Dr. Pepper did taste a whole lot better than it does now. I also remember they had little bitty cans for little kids. Dad always bought me those special little cans of DP when I was good.

Ahh, sweet memories.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Too bad you did not post this earlier, I just got some of the cane sugar DP for Thanksgiving...a yearly deal. Gotta have the real stuff on Turkeyday, tradition around the folks house. If I go out to get some more I will give you a heads up and pick you some up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a friend who makes planned trips to Dublin and brings back all his pickup can carry. I'll see when he's planning his next trip. The real challenge may be getting him to let go of any.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered a case of it :smile: Came to like $31 for 24/8oz. bottles :eek: A couple of friends know I have it, so unfortunately, this case will be gone very soon :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts