Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
i saw a dhg bullitt with them. the front dish is deeper than the wheel replicas. it looked kinda funny, but the rears looked good.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I have them on my Bullitt. I have 17x8's in front with 245/45/17's and 17x9's in the rear with 275/40/17's. They look good. A little lighter in color than I expected though. Real nice wheels though. :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
look here. . .

http://www.tirerack.com/snow/WheelSearchLite.jsp?frontMake=Shelby&frontModel=Torq-Thrust+M&finish=Anthracite+w/Mach+Lip&finishAbbrev=MA&frontSize=18x9&frontPrice=216&frontWeight=0.0&frontStock=In+Stock&frontDiameter=18&frontSpecCode=0&frontMarkdownPrice=0&frontMapPrice=0&frontSortCode=73490&frontPartNumber=105MS8965AML&frontOffset=24&constType=1pc. Cast&rearSize=18x10&rearPrice=239&rearWeight=0.0&rearStock=In+Stock&rearDiameter=18&rearSpecCode=0&rearMarkdownPrice=0&rearMapPrice=0&rearSortCode=73500&rearTireWidth=275/&rearTireRatio=35&rearTireSortCode=54400&rearQty=2&rearPartNumber=105MS8165AML&rearOffset=24&frontQty=2&opt=true&frontTireWidth=245/&frontTireRatio=40&frontTireSortCode=54000&partNum=105MS8965AML&nonWinter=true&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Mustang+GT+Bullitt&autoYear=2001&autoModClar=&grid=true

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sganow said:
I have them on my Bullitt. I have 17x8's in front with 245/45/17's and 17x9's in the rear with 275/40/17's. They look good. A little lighter in color than I expected though. Real nice wheels though. :)
I thought they looked darker in the pic so that is one thing I was wondering. Can you post some pics or e-mail them to me at [email protected]?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The pictures definitely are darker than the wheels actually are. I'll try to get a couple pics of them on my car and send them to you.

Steve

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Cam,

I emailed you some pics of my Bullitt with these wheels on it. There should be 12 pics in all. If you don't get them all, just let me know and I'll resend them.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got them but Mikey has been sick so haven't saved them from the e-mail yet. I'll get them up in a little while for ya. I see what you mean as far as being lighter. The pic I posted makes them look killer, but I think I want something darker or more gray like the originals. :doubt:

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, here are the pics of Steve's car with the rims. Not bad looking. Doesn't appear you can change the center caps out on them. Also, I didn't notice you had the spoiler until I was saving the pics a few minutes ago. Looking too much at the rims I guess. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
You could change the center cap if you wanted. They go in just like the original Ford centercaps. I ordered mine online and was somewhat disappointed when I got them that they weren't darker like they appear in the pictures. I put them on this spring and I'm still getting used to them. They are growing on me but I still wanted a darker gray. Too bad I was in a hurry at the time and didn't have much to choose from since everyone was out of stock on the torque thrust wheel replicas, plus I didn't want to end up paying return shipping. They are good quality wheels though and they are real nice though. Thanks for posting the pics Cam! BTW, I wouldn't necessarily add a spoiler, but since it's on there I'm not taking it off either.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sganow said:
BTW, I wouldn't necessarily add a spoiler, but since it's on there I'm not taking it off either.

Steve
Just find a TB V-6 and switch out the trunks. Of course you would have to get the underside clearcoated.
I was just on American Racing's website checking out the original Torque Thrusts but they don't have any prices on them. American Muscle has some Anthricite that looks darker but who knows until you get them in the light. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If they would have had them at the time, I would probably have bought the replicas from American Muscle. Too bad nobody had them at that time. Also, I feel that the American Racing wheels were somewhat falsely advertised by showing them online in such a nice dark gray but then when you get them they are almost silver in color. Like I said, I am getting used to them but still would have prefered something a little darker, although these DO have a very nice finish. Sorry, not going to mess with the trunk lid, but thanks for the suggestion. What the car really needs now is some extra power! Too bad it's not in the budget right now. :)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
You could also get them in Black. I was torn between the 2 but opted for the Anthracite. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the quality though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts