Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During this deepening black financial hole? My days are over for a good while!
No matter what economic mod the Gov' tries,it just getting worse. Will many aftermarket companies still be around...on the recovery side?

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
if the canadian economey holds on we will come and buy and own the usa :)

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't heard much from Canadian financials lately,but this whole credit crunch is world wide now.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The government of Iceland went bankrupt today. Don't we have a Bullitt owner there? He doesn't have to worry about mods as he will be lucky just to get gas. If things keep going in the tank (no pun intended), gasoline will be a mod.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
and it ain't over yet either......

canada is having quite a bit of issues as well I am afraid .....

oh well, the real ride has yet to begin......just look at history.... everything I have seen, learned in school etc suggests no recovery until winter 2009 the earliest.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
So far I haven't been affected. I have no investments, so I can't lose anything there. I owe virtually nothing on credit cards and I don't need to make any major purchases. Hopefully the rich will still need limos so I can keep my job. Many of them (limos) are going overseas anyway.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Mus408 said:
During this deepening black financial hole? My days are over for a good while!
No matter what economic mod the Gov' tries,it just getting worse. Will many aftermarket companies still be around...on the recovery side?
I'm still in for now..........

tigerhonaker

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
You are witnessing history here, folks. I believe it's about to hit everyone at a personal level.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't see how it can really affect anybody who doesn't invest their money. Me for example, as long as I keep my job, I'm good and can mod the crap out of my car haha.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
DiZzyBonne said:
I don't see how it can really affect anybody who doesn't invest their money. Me for example, as long as I keep my job, I'm good and can mod the crap out of my car haha.
Until those "Investors" (the rich ones at least) pull their money out of stocks, (like what's happening right now), and the economy "locks up" because banks won't lend ANYONE money, so orders for durable goods go into the toilet (because even multi-billion-dollar companies can't run on "cash" for long), so they lay you and me off due to lack of work, THEN we trade our Bullitts for a loaf of bread, a package of baloney, and a couple of packets of mustard..........

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Things can get ugly quick. Without short term commercial "loans", the economy will just lock up. There may be no gas because the station has no open credit line. Or even the trucking company that brings the fuel. Or, the trucking company that stocks the grocery store. Or the store. Almost every business you deal with relies on some form of short term credit.

Without throwing you into a panic, get what you need to live for a few weeks if the system locks up. Have some cash on hand. If nothing ever happens, it's no loss. If it does, you'll be glad you did. Think about what you would need in the event of a "bank holiday" or if many stores closed for days at a time.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
I think these are worse case scenarios and personally, I don't believe it will get to that. This sounds like the panic after 9-11. How many of you sealed your windows and doors with plastic and duct tape or stored food and water in December 1999 because the whole world was going to come to a standstill as computers wouldn't handle "2000?"

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
BigBullitt said:
I think these are worse case scenarios and personally, I don't believe it will get to that. This sounds like the panic after 9-11. How many of you sealed your windows and doors with plastic and duct tape or stored food and water in December 1999 because the whole world was going to come to a standstill as computers wouldn't handle "2000?"

I tend to agree with you...David....if you believe what the news media is putting out....we are toast....for the last 8 to 10 years the market has been living in lala land...way over inflated...and the greed has never been worse...so...i think what we are seeing now is re-adjustment to a more real market....we didnt get in this shape over night and we aint gonna get outta it quickly......so...hang on everyone.

btw....the last mod i did was a new battery:D

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I will be modding my Bullitt at the same rate I have been. To the tune of $300 since I bought it 4 years ago. lol.

As parts wear out, I will upgrade them though. I am seeing around $1,000 getting spent on it within the next year. Struts, shocks, brakes, and might pick up full length subs and another item or two depending on how comfortable I feel with spending $$ at that time.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,290 Posts
We haven't been affected as of yet either. We have our $$ tied up in CD's earning interest and bank with a local Credit Union. We feel pretty safe there. I saw on the Internet yesterday, on the other hand, that my Company I work for - major grocery chain - is the #1 business in trouble right now. :eek: We will see what is upcoming and decide about my future from that and if I will retire earlier than planned....

Oh yeah, we haven't modded #344 yet and don't plan to. Pretty original still...

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
chrisW said:
if the canadian economey holds on we will come and buy and own the usa :)

Come and down and buy us. We probably need some new ownwership, since you are in the buying mood, buy Ford at the same time. We have to keep Mustangs coming out of that factory..especially DHG ones

casey

DCLmustang

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just need my 2000 GT to sell and I can get my X-pipe and JLT intake. I already transfered my FR500s, mach 1 grill and chin spoiler over :wink:. So if you kknow anyone around northern Delaware looking for a GT for $6800 let me know!

I also have a 1986 2A SVO that i need to unload which will pay for my new transmission and BLOCK!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
speaking of buying Ford, have you seen that FoMoCo shares are down to about $2ish a share?! All of the auto world is down.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
No real mods to 1784 yet, just reconditioning and some restoration. Bought a new 3rd brake light the other day, the original was way too far gone to save. As well as some other maintenance to get it running good again.

Besides it allows me to keep the Roush in the garage away from prying eyes while I equip it with a couple of 50mm Gatlin guns in case the society decides to go Mad Max style. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts