Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been lurkin for awhile doin research on the Bullitt. I had decided to buy one, but due to a recent financial set back, I can't.

If anyone is interested in huge savings on a Bullitt, not just thousands under MSRP, but thousands under Invoice, a dealer in in the SF Bay area, east bay region, near Vallejo, and has four! MSG me and I'll send his email and phone #.

I am in NO WAY connected to this guy, having only exchanged email and pricing details.

Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes, I'm just interested in helpin someone get a Bullitt who wants one.

Cheers,

Lary

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rebate

RCSignals, This weekend there is a $1000 cash rebate or $1000 gas card. The
dealership is taking less also, it seems. They want all 08s to go this weekend. I think the Bullitt may also qualify for 0% financing for up to 6 years.

Lary

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rebate

Two separate dealers told me that, so I 'assume' it's true. At this time in the Bay Area, it's fairly easy to buy a Bullitt at invoice. In my search of about 1/3 of all local dealers, I found approximately 20 (!) 08 Bullitts. The 09s are beginning to appear in showrooms so dealers are very motivated to move the 08s out.
Throw in the general economic condition and gas prices that are going nowhere but up, V-8 cars are just sittin. I've seen comments that Mustang lovers are waiting for the '10 models and 5.0 motor...not too encouraging. I assume you saw Ford's sales numbers that came out on Tues?

Lary

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Ford sales were only down 1% last month and everyone else was down 15%-20%. you might come up with different percentages if you look at individual models.

A friend at a Chicago dealer that has been in business for 80 years had a record month last month. Now that may not be typical of all Ford dealers, but it is interesting.

There are dealers who were able to get quite few '08 Bullitts and still have them because they wanted an ADM or wouldn't budge off MSRP. Hopefully the dealers you've found have become a little smarter. It's about selling cars for them, not collecting.
Maybe this time there really is a rebate on the Bullitt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ford sales

Below is the data I was using. From WSJ July 2,2008 section B3, article titled 'U.S. Auto Woes Deepen Amid Plunging SUV Sales'

"Ford Motor Co.'s sales dropped 28% to 166,461, its worst June sales result since at least 1990, according to Autodata."

"Sales of Ford's SUVs fell 55%, and its formerly top-selling truck line dropped 38%."

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
LOL, was at my dealer yesterday, they STILL have an ADM on their Bullitt's...

And 3 on the lot...

·
Registered
84 Posts
i am in Canada, but was able to get the X-plan price plus $1000 factory to dealer incentive, plus 0% for 48 months... only thing they wouldn't do is make my first payment for me :)

the incentive ended June 30 not sure if they have anything new since then,

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Boy I hate hearing about the Deals on Bullitt's ,see as I payed a 3k adm:(
5 months after I bought the Bullitt ,things have changed for the worst in the Money department!
I love My Bullitt and I would never sell her to no one.
I guess what I am saying is , the car salesmen must of saw me coming a mile away when he charged me the $3k ADM :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ADM

Some dealers around here also have ADM when you go into the showroom (one dealer has $40K ADM on GT 500 and $5K on Bullitts...needless to say, they have a very large selection!). I shopped using DealerConnection.com and asked for their 'internet only, no hassle, invoice plus' price. Some wanted to sell, others said 'it's a limited procuction, blah blah blah....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Don't fret about deals.....
There is always someone out there who paid less and others that paid more. What is important is you liked your deal enough to sing the paperwork and drive home in hell of a car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hell of a car

You're right about it being a hell of a car...the first minute into a test drive sold me...lol...liked it much better that the Vettes, CTS-V and Infinity coupes I've driven.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts