Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I figure,all we need is just the smaller crank pulley. Would it be too much with the Bullitt's larger,slower turning,water pump,and alt.pulley...I don't know yet.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think thats a great idea Mus. Going by size alone, swapping that huge stock crank pulley out for an undersized unit seems like the greatest benefit of going to underdrive pulleys. I've told people that read nothing but the magazines and net that the Bullitt REALLY does not have "underdrive" pulleys. Only the water and alternator are "optimized". Probably makes little to no difference as far as freeing up power/tq.

Where can you get just the crank pulley??

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well JB,After talking with Steeda,you have to buy the 3 pulley set. But it is on sale,for $159,so I can try all combinations I guess. I will start with the crank pulley first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HEY MEN, I HAVE BOUGHT AND INSTALLED THE STEEDA UNDERPULLEYS. MY PERFORMANCE MAN AT THE SHOP SAYS THE ONE S ON THE BULLET ARE OPTIMISED, AND MAKES NO DIFF. AS YOU KNOW THE PULLY ALONE SHOULD GIVE THE BULLITT THE HORSES OVER THE GT. I CAN TELL A FASTER ENGINE REV-I RECOMMEND.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blue Bullitt,Did your stock belt work with only the small crank pulley installed? Thanks for letting us know about your setup!

·
Registered
55 Posts
The good thing about the Steeda crank pully is that the Steeda timing adjuster bolts right to it. The ideal situation is to do both at the same time. DEFINITE gains from adjusting the timing. But you have to use 92-93 octane. Every car is different but somewhere between 12 and 17 degrees is the usual scenario. Stock timing is 10. Even if you get a chip which bumps the timing you can still use the adjuster. I had mine at 16 before chip and 11 after. another plus is that if you get some bad gas and you need to retard the timing then you can do it right on the road. I always keep a 3/16 allen key in my glove box for that reason. just my 2 centz.

gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts