Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've never known it to work, and generally speaking, new cars are pretty well temperature controlled and don't come close to overheating. IMHO.

Frank

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Haven't tried it in anything new.I'm guessing that it would fight with the thermostat more than anything being as these new cars are pretty well equipped for cooling.It is worth a try though.Let us know the results as you sound like you will be the guinea pig on it here.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I believe most of the newer cars are designed to run very warm. Probably over 200

·
Registered
26 Posts
Best thing about water wetter is it reduces hot spots in the heads, even if overall temps are not much different and realistically unless you got a really cold thermostat you not going to notice much lower temps overall. With that said, I run water wetter in my 04 cobra in the intercooler and radiator and after data logging it , I have noticed it a couple degree’s cooler and takes longer before the fans come on but nothing dramatic.

·
Registered
201 Posts
JRZY,
It took me a while to find the product I use because we have just recently moved. My wife says I'm dead if we ever do this agin!
Now to my product: It is called "No-Rosion" It is an industral - grade Cooling System Corrosion Inhibitor.
I have used it in a 93 Ford Explorer with 170,000 miles on it. I have used it on my 2000 Taurus with 130,000 miles on it and neigther automobile shows any sigh of wear.
I havae just changed all the hoses on the Explorer and the inside, that is where the trouble begins, looked new.
Check out their web sight and let me know what yu thing.
Pleased to help,
Jimmy Galloway

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I use Justice Brothers Radiator Cool. Excellent water wetter. I also use an additive primarily used in diesel engines to prevent cavitation. Nalcool (or similar product) keeps the Ph of the coolant in balance. VERY IMPORTANT when there are many different metals used.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts