Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in CA on business and went to a dealer in the area. They had a black Bullitt and after some discussion, the mgr let me take it for a test drive. While on the drive I noticed they had a $5k mark up. I buy my cars for invoice and have a Bullitt deal with my Tennessee dealer for x-plan. Well when I got back and the mgr said why would he sell a Bullitt for invoice when they sell in hours. I told him that is how I buy my cars. I said people have paid x and a plan for them, invoice, and near invoice. He said if I could show him a contract where someone bought a Bullitt for invoice, he would sell me his Bullitt for $2,000 under invoice. So, I am looking for someone who has paid invoice. I'd love to take this car from him for $2k under. He was the type of car guy that would lie about anything to sell. He claimed to have a Black Bullitt himself. He said he had been watching the development for about 3 years and bought one as soon as they were available. I asked what was his number Bullitt and he said he didn't know. But he said he was part of the focus groups in Detroit in development of the car! What a crock. Anyway, I could use some help. I'm only in CA for another day, so this has to be quick. I can be emailed at [email protected] or call my office at 901-576-2191.

Thanks,
Brad

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I already have a deal on a DHG back in TN for x-plan ($25,123). It is just that some smart a** sales manager in CA says it can't be bought for that cheap and said if I can show him a contract from someone that bought it for invoice or close (excluding a and x plan) that he would sell me his Bullitt for $2k under invoice.

Brad

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Closest I can get ya is $500 over invoice....
but I doubt you'll find any dealer anywhere that will do that now.........
DHG #0428

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dillo Dave on 2001-07-12 18:13 ]</font>

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am picking mine up tomorrow and I am paying sticker (invoice I guess) and getting a 1500.00 rebate ! I would be glad to send you the info tomorrow afternoon !

·
Registered
310 Posts
Janitorworld sticker is not invoice that is msrp. As for me I bought dhg #1676 for 500 above and got a 1000 back for cash. Thats about the best I could get at the time! I dont think you will find anyone that just paid invoice I might be wrong !!! Thanx Havgun!

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the replies. Actually I found a person that got his for invoice in TX. He sent me a copy and I went back to this dealer. The sales manager squirmed out of his offer saying that he would only do it if I had a CA contract at invoice. He never said that before. He probably thought I wouldn't follow through on his offer. Well, anyway I still have dibs on a DHG due in at my dealership in TN in the next few days and have made a deal for x-plan ($25,123). It was just that this guy offered at $2,000 under invoice if I could produce the contract and thought I should make him eat his words. Thanks again.

Brad

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9mmBullitt on 2001-07-13 04:44 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts