Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased this intake about a month ago, after hearing the rave reviews. I figured it was a straight forward install, but was surprised to find out the way the upper pipe was constructed. It took about twice as long to install as it should, and now I have been having problems with it disconnecting after the maf sensor while I'm driving. For some reason, it just seems like either something isn't lining up, or those rubber pieces are not wide enough to stay attached.

So...has anyone else with the full length version had this issue? Perhaps it's something simple I'm overlooking, and would be an easy fix. I would hope so, as even with the problems, it made a difference on the butt dyno. I'm open to suggestions.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
No problems on mine just tightend the the big hose clamps that come with it and that was it. Just a suggestion on mine where the maf slides in I took some rubbing alcohol and a rag and cleaned it so that there is no oil or residue that could cause it to slide. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I too have the full Demolet system and did not have any issues installing it. Like rangerdoc stated, it is a pain to deal with the filter in the fender. I have had my system on for over 4 years without any issues.

Perhaps give them a call. Maybe they sent you the wrong kit?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after a couple of hours of loosening crap, wiggling, super gluing, cutting, sawing, and re-tightening, I think I managed to get it secure. After all of this, I am seriously disappointed in the craftsmanship of this upper piece. I can see why a lot of people opt for the JLT upper. But it's amazing how much better the car runs when it's not sucking air through 15 different places.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts