Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMBOC is being treated as spam to AOL now.

This is the error I get when the system tries to send email:

http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rlych.html

Which is quite amusing and VERY interesting, since IMBOC is not identified as spam by any of the Spam services out there, just AOL.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=24.123.67.2

I can only assume someone banned or disgruntled has reported IMBOC as a spammer.. hmmmm..

Needless to say, any emails from imboc.com are apparently being blocked to AOL users. I would suggest that anyone who uses AOL, please contact AOL support, or call the numbers here below and ask that IMBOC.com not be blocked.

http://postmaster.info.aol.com/contact/

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On Notice!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Is it possible to find the responsible party?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I had that issue at my old job - it had something to do with reverse DNS for the MX record. I don't know if that helps, but for whatever reason, one day we were no longer able to send to AOL addresses. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got off the phone... I am glad I do not use AOL anymore. ;-) Scary.

Should be unblocked soon.. next few days (he confirmed it after I provided the error message and the IP.) Apparently, they have been blocking a lot of IPs..aggressively. Heads-up.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pnut said:
I had that issue at my old job - it had something to do with reverse DNS for the MX record. I don't know if that helps, but for whatever reason, one day we were no longer able to send to AOL addresses. Good luck!
No issues with that here (luckily.) IMBOC passes with flying colors, pointer records looked okay, passed 274 Spam Site lookups (including spamcop,) and even they said it was fine.

I do need to tweak a few DNS settings, and an SPF for Spam filtering would help, but nothing major that would cause IMBOC to be marked as spam.

Blah blah blah. :-N

·
Registered
976 Posts
B-Man said:
No issues with that here (luckily.) IMBOC passes with flying colors, pointer records looked okay, passed 274 Spam Site lookups (including spamcop,) and even they said it was fine.

I do need to tweak a few DNS settings, and an SPF for Spam filtering would help, but nothing major that would cause IMBOC to be marked as spam.

Sweet! Thanks for everything you do, including dealing with the evil empire.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
no worries

if someone is on AOL, they don't need to be contacted anyways :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need to be able to pick on Vickie though, so I had to unblock it :-D

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
B-Man said:

good God, i feel like i'm in a foreign country and no one speaks English..........and it scares me.........
Me Marty
Like good food
sky pretty today

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,068 Posts
Yes Mr. B-Man, I had had it up to here with AOL over this spam thing with imboc.com too. :mad:

I think between the 2 of us we got them straightened out, eh? :wife: I got my first imboc.com e-mail today so it looks like they listened (this time) ARGHH!!!

I am giving them bad feedback on their service survey they sent out since I had to make 5 phone calls to them and then still didn't get it resolved. :evil:

Thanks again Mike from all of us dumb enough :rolleyes: to still use AOL as our servers and that do receive imboc.com e-mails or that can/will in the future.

Vicki

·
Registered
976 Posts
No problem. I've used it for a couple years now. It just recently was opened to the public (out of beta). It's pretty easy to use, but can be a powerful tool for advanced users. Not to mention it's free and has 2+GB of email space.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts