Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

As a newbie to BULLITT bretheren, I just wanted to know what is the normal SOP when coming up to another BULLITT on the road.


Today I was driving around here in Columbia, MD, outside of
Baltimore. When to my surprise I rolled up to red light behind an '01
HG BULLITT. I gave a quick beep of my horn and wave..he gave me a
small wave back....then I did a litte rev in neutral to try to rouse his spirits before the light turned green. Alas I was left with no return gesture

I then continued behind and followed him onto the interstate (Route
100 West). I then proceeded to come along side and pass. We ended up
taking the same exit and got stopped at another light where he came
alongside to make a left turn. I got nothing more than a glance from him as he
rolled by. His girlfriend or wife in the passenger seat did not seem
too pleased.

What's up with that?

I thought BULLITT guys are a tight group. Maybe its cause the
girlfriend/wife was there? she doesn't like his car? Maybe he wants
to get the new one, but is on a waiting list?

No idea, but this is the first BULLITT I have encountered since I got
mine 3 weeks ago.

So I just wanna know was I too agressive? Should I have pulled over to meet and greet?

Anyway, just looking to have fun and meet other BULLIT-heads who share the same passion, while being respectful and not too crazy.

I think a litte rev is in order, No? You don't see other BULLITTs every day.

Thanks,

Chris G.
 

·
Quest for single digits
Joined
·
12,030 Posts
Nah, you weren't too aggressive. Most Bullittheads would've responded with a rev or two and probably a first to second tire chirp. Keep in mind the wife unit was in the car and she may have been giving him the "tone it down" glare. It's been known to happen.....not around these parts but I'm sure it can. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,272 Posts
Noooo problem. He may have felt that you were following him.

I always lower the window and chat if possible. ALWAYS a good response even far away from my home town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
you might have encountered a non-member of IMBOC, therefore not a true Bullitthead. . .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,431 Posts
Maybe she had a headache?:eek: :rolleyes: :lol: :tongue:













Ummmm. No. Paranoid? Not his car, he stole it...? IDK.:confused: Not a normal Bullitthead in my opinion. And it sure wasn't me!:wink:

From the first day that I picked up my Bullitt people have waved, flashed thier lights, tooted their horn. Chirped their tires. Whatever. I always wave back and honk the horn or something. Thumbs up! Anything, but I do acknowledge them. It's great to get some recognition. Even from the competition! :eek: :eek::cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
HG 509 said:
you might have encountered a non-member of IMBOC, therefore not a true Bullitthead. . .
Probably it, or he's one of the few '01 owners who doesn't recognise the '08 as a real Bullitt
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,819 Posts
BaltimoreBullitt_239 said:
...So I just wanna know was I too agressive? Should I have pulled over to meet and greet?

Anyway, just looking to have fun and meet other Bullittheads who share the same passion, while being respectful and not too crazy.
That was not too agressive. Be careful of doing a pull over...I've done a few of those (as a civilian) and the individual was like "WTFO?". When I was a Cincinnati Police Officer I had the PERFECT opportunities to do pull overs while on duty (patrol)...unfortunately the few Bullitts that I had seen while on patrol were going in the other direction in heavy traffic and/or I was enroute to a call for service.

This Bullitthead wasn't home (Bullitt parked in driveway)...but I took a pic anyway...:py1:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
I'm always in the wrong car! I've seen an 01 True Blue Bullitt in the Warrenton area a couple of times, but I was in the Mach 1. I pulled up next to him in stopped traffic and gave him a thumb up. He seemed excited and waved back. Saw him another time on I66, we waved again and hung together for about 10 miles, then he exited. Never have met him. He has added the trunk Bullitt emblems to the front fenders under the GT.

Maybe in your encounter he thought the revving was aggressive or he hasn’t heard of the 08 Bullitt yet!! Thought you were an imposter!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,101 Posts
I remember the day i bought my B....i was headed over to show it to my Son..i saw another B going the same way i was going...pulled up beside him..honked an he did the same with a thumbs up...come to find out later it was 1051Bullitt..a member of IMBOC in the DFW area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
BaltimoreBullitt_239 said:
Hey,

As a newbie to BULLITT bretheren, I just wanted to know what is the normal SOP when coming up to another BULLITT on the road.


Today I was driving around here in Columbia, MD, outside of
Baltimore. When to my surprise I rolled up to red light behind an '01
HG BULLITT. I gave a quick beep of my horn and wave..he gave me a
small wave back....then I did a litte rev in neutral to try to rouse his spirits before the light turned green. Alas I was left with no return gesture

I then continued behind and followed him onto the interstate (Route
100 West). I then proceeded to come along side and pass. We ended up
taking the same exit and got stopped at another light where he came
alongside to make a left turn. I got nothing more than a glance from him as he
rolled by. His girlfriend or wife in the passenger seat did not seem
too pleased.

What's up with that?

I thought BULLITT guys are a tight group. Maybe its cause the
girlfriend/wife was there? she doesn't like his car? Maybe he wants
to get the new one, but is on a waiting list?

No idea, but this is the first BULLITT I have encountered since I got
mine 3 weeks ago.

So I just wanna know was I too agressive? Should I have pulled over to meet and greet?

Anyway, just looking to have fun and meet other BULLIT-heads who share the same passion, while being respectful and not too crazy.

I think a litte rev is in order, No? You don't see other BULLITTs every day.

Thanks,

Chris G.
Maybe she had her hand on the stick shift was shifting and he was trying to clutch???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
The wife unit may have thought you were trying to get him to race you. And started the 'don't you dare, its too dangerous' stuff finished with the 'don't you even look over there'. Fortunatly I haven't heard that from my wife, but I've heard other car guys tell their stories.

If I get a rev from an '08, I'll be happy to show'em what an '01 can do ;)

And congrats on the car, welcome to the club!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top