Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems everyone out there is like my father's age, its cool, You all have a sweet ride, just wondering if there are any other kids like me, who like only American muscle cars ,and non of that Japanese car crap, I'm 18, but I guess when it comes to cars, I think old fashioned. I wish I could of lived in the sixties, the cars then were great, and the only way to keep them alive, I guess is to retro style cars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-19 20:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
762 Posts
Consider yourself very fortunate. At 18 I was still sneaking out with my dad's car to go to Myrtle Square Mall Myrtle Beach SC. Other than that it was the school bus or hush puppies.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well, I'm not quite 18. But I think I qualify as the one closest to your age. I'm 23 (24 in August) and I LOVE this car. I think you will find when looking through these boards that we are all interested in the same things generally. And there isn't a soul here that isn't VERY young at heart. Whether high school was yesterday or 30 years ago I feel like I just sat behind the wheel of the car I always wanted when I get behind the wheel of my Bullitt. I think this sentiment is shared by all here.

·
Registered
225 Posts
A lot of us are just 'ole teenagers'.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Count yourself lucky! When I turned 18, it was 1978 and the new cars were Granadas and Pintos. Nothing new was worth a bucket of spit, and we all had to buy old cars to have fun. That was back when a ten year old car was most likely a rust beast that you had to slap a ton of bondo on. Don't get me wrong, we had a ton of hoopy froopy fun.
New cars today are really cool. You are one lucky little cat!

·
Registered
959 Posts
CatSmasher.. hehe.. you are right. We did really different things though. Got with AK Miller in Pico Rivera and slapped turbos on Pintos.. :smile: I remember spanking Boss 302's and Corvettes with a Pinto, even froma a 70 mph roll! Great fun.

Brian

·
Registered
586 Posts
There are no other 18 year olds with Bullitts. You are not permitted to have one and must return it immediately! There are too many "seasoned" 'stang lovers like myself out there that are required to own a Bullitt in order to feel 18 again!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I actually saw a Maverick 'Grabber' at a car show yesterday and felt myself smiling at the good old days!
I souped up a 1967 four door Mercury Comet (my first car, remember that robin's egg blue?) I used to spank camaros with it regular. Then I sold it (for $125) and bought a rusty 1968 Mustang Coupe and it has been Ponycars every since.
The Bullitt isn't the end either, cats. It is but one more milemarker in my Ford crusin' adventure.

Grab yer Bullitt and squeeze into line there kid. Join the ride! Someday us old farts will all be buried in our cars and you will be the old fart.

At a car show yesterday, I saw a young kid (colored hair, three earings and tatoos) under the hood showing an old fart something about an electronic ignition setup. They were both laughing and yaking it up. That is what this hobby is about - old farts with prize winning 1966 fastbacks and young dudes with 1995 nitroed street machines all having fun and burning gas!

2001 Bullitt #1585

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CatSmasher on 2001-07-02 23:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I'm 19, so I guess that's pretty close enough to 18. =o) Sometimes I wish I had grown up in the late 60's, when weed didn't kill you and the cars were made out of metal...

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
LOL Bad!!!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I was driving a '72 Merc with a 351 Cleveland 2V when I was 18.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-07-03 14:43 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Ahhhh. the good ol' days.. My first @ 16 was a '78 LTD II ex-Squad with a 351 modified and a big ol' 4 barrel carb.
That was a big ass cruizer and it about killed me every time I had to fill up that big old gas tank. Minumum wage and 10mpg.. What better way was there to have fun. :wink:

·
Registered
57 Posts
i am 20 but i am paying for mine myself. how about the rest of you young'n ?

oh by the way, whats yall monthly insurace bill? mines about $200 LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am 20 and have paid for all my cars myself.
Bought my 1st one when i was 16 that was a '66 then I bought the next won when I was 17 for cheap and put money into as i came across money that was a '65, then 18 desided to make payments on a '99 GT took a yr off of buying a car and just put extra money into mods for the '99, now I am 20 and just bought my Bullitt; my funds are low but I have kick ass cars. Who needs to buy a house or get married anyway?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm 23, so I guess I'm in the same age bracket. I just graduated from college, and the Bullitt was my grad present to myself, thanks to my new job. I also have a couple '65 stangs, one of which was my daily driver for 5 years.

Who ever said this hobby was/is all about young and old coming together is absolutly right...I just wish everyone had that same opinion.

BTW, you don't want to KNOW what I"m paying for insurance, I'm being taken for a ride even with my perfect driving record!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm 21

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm 24, so I sorta qualify as a "young'n." :smile:

My Bullitt is also my "graduation" present to myself. Having a real job is nice.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Mentally I'm 18. Physically 50. By the way I drove a '68 Charger R/T back in "68 occasionally (it was my girl friends car). The cars back then weren't that great. Went fast in a straight line but that was about it. The interior's were spartan, the tires were bias ply, drum bakes all around, and the quality of the cars overall inferior. Today's muscle cars are really superior. I will never forget going a hundred and then trying to stop with drum brakes. Felt like Fred Flintstone sticking his feet thru the floor boards on to the ground. And if you went thru a puddle and the brakes got wet you didn't stop at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-11-06 12:30 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 52 Posts