Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned up 5026 today and went out driving today. I saw three GT's and a Cobra coming at me and all red lined their engines as we passed each other. Is this some neanderthal ritual that I am not aware of?
It is this kind of behavior that gives the rest of us a bad rap. I don't feel that I have to bring attention to myself by hitting my rev limiter. Sorry, I guess I am just getting old.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had a moron run up behind me in a Ranger 4X4! Like I was going to race on the most congested road in Conyers or something? (Hwy 138)

Conyers, GA is full of posers who seem to live in fear of being found out. LOL There is a guy in a '95 Cobra in my area who drove past me like a normal driver, so he's ok.

I don't have to prove myself...I already know my Bullitt is awsome.

Scott D.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hate to say it, but you are getting old. In all the places I have lived from Wy, HI to TX to CO and now back to WY. When mustang meet each other, the rev their engines as a way of saying hello...or nice car. Don't take offense to it, it is a compliment. Plus, if you are up for racing, usually, the people who do that, are up for a friendly light to light romp. If this is not true in other places, my bad..but for the places I have lived..it is a male nod of approval..and a friendly hello.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I need to move to a bigger town. I never get challenged here. The only time I’ve been challenged was when I was back home visiting family in Georgia! But I got beat both times, but that’s another story under another topic!

B1048
(Formally known as bullitt1024)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Bullitt1853, it happens all the time out here in Cali too. Out here it means the same as well. Either a friendly hello, or a light to light challenge. Just smile and rev yours too!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Same where I am originally from VA, notived it when i had my first stang a 93GT and am noticing it in Columbus as well,

·
Registered
172 Posts
Around here we just wave or nod.I have noticed at the major car shows in my area that practically all the CHEVY drivers rev there motors,as if to prove something...You know,small feet,small hands,small d#*k!Sorry,I just had to do it!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me this past Saturday, a Cobra Drive by and revved his motor. I figured it was a way of saying hello. Usually most local stangers wave as they pass. But I prefer this method, its easier to notice. Plus I love to hear the motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts