Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit since i got the bullitt i have been extremely lucky with tickets (knock on wood). The first night i got it some kid in a yellow Honda was reving his engine behind me. As soon as the light turned green i gunned it and i spotted a cop but honestly i didn't car i didn't want this kid to thing he beat me. Anyhow the cop makes me stop and the ugly yellow car too and didn't give either one of us a ticket. My second incident is when i was taking a turn and i took off traction so i could fishtale/skid like we do back home in SAUDI ARABIA. And there was a cop like that witnessed this happened 50 feet away from me. So he follows me and i take the light when its yellow and he pulls me over. He comes over and i said are you stopping me because the light was yellow. And he was like i am not stupid. But for some reason he let me go too i lied and said there was water on the turn but he had the same response do you think i am stupid. My latest incident i must say was a miracle. My girlfriend was driving home from work and i was to meet her at her place. On the way there i thought i saw her best friend's maxima so i shifted down and gunned it. Once i passed the car which wasn't her friend's i see a cop car in front of me i quickly shift down and slow down but it was too late his sirens were on and he pulled me over. He came up to me and was like wehre are you going at 70 mph... Let me remind you i was driving in a 35mph. The cop said do you beleive in Christmas and let me go. I am being serious he said this is a christmas gift.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I've only been pulled over once in the Bullitt. About 1 am on Friday night in Tulsa, OK. After jamming the brakes I got caught doing about 10 over. The highway patrol asked for my insurance and license. I reach for the insurance verification and realized it was at home still in the envelope! I thought I might still have the old one so I continued to look. He said to come back to his car when I found it.. That's just about the time I remembered my license was expired! Doooh!

I went back to his car and explained that its not gonna be a good night as I have no insurance verification and my Oklahoma license is expired and I have Texas plates! He asked me how much insurance cost for the Bullitt and told me not to worry about the license it was only a few months old. After a couple more questions about the differences between the GT and Bullitt I signed the warning and was back on the road!

Five miles down the road I raced (and beat) a mid 80's GT that looked to be very mod'd. We started at 60 Mph and I did't let off until I was deep into 4th. I wasn't gonna race after just getting pulled over but he literally was driving circles around my on the interstate!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just got pulled over today at lunch. I was heading west on Loop 101 north of Glendale, AZ. I got off at 51st Avenue and was doing 60 in a 45 zone. I was thinking to myself..."I should watch my speed in Glendale". At the same time, I look back and see an unmarked Ford T-Bird with his red light on. DAMN! I pull over and turn off the motor. It seems he was following me on 101. I know I was doing about 80MPH in a 65. I was switching lanes and decided at the last minute to pass a bunch cars to get off at the next exit. I guess I did a lane change/cutting maneuver to get on the exit ramp but did not signal. When we came to the stop, a red Corvette was there which I thought might be a race, but he got in the lane to turn east on the freeway. I pulled away from the light and accidentally squeeled by tires! Then I was doing the 60 in a 45 when he got me.

He if I knew why he pulled my over. I did not lie and said I was doing 60MPH. He informed me how long he was following me. Thinking back I remember the T-Bird following my every move and sub-conciously I was thinking the guy was trying to outdo a Bullitt.

He made a comment about my plate. I informed him that it was Bullitt as in the movie, not Bullet as in the speeding bullet of a gun. He did not know the difference. He also asked why my seat belt was not on. I realized I subconsiously removed it when I turned off the motor.

Well after the speeding, lane changes, tire squeeling (actually was accidental), no seatbelt excuse...the guy gave me a WARNING for failing to signal! What a GREAT GUY! Not sure if it was because of the holiday's or what but man I was sweating bullitts :smile:

Now if this was back in Ohio where I was originally from Ohio State Patrol would screwed me good! I used to get a speeding ticket once per year in Ohio. I have been in AZ since 1985 and this is my second speeding ticket. The last was in about 1987. Of course I have been driving Toyota 4WD trucks and 4Runners since then. I knew the Bullitt would be trouble for me sooner or later.

Today is my lucky day. By the way, I was on my way to lunch at TGIFridays. I got a salad that had a couple broken plastic toothpicks in it. So, I got my lunch for FREE!

Between the lack of a ticket and the free lunch probably got a $200 Xmas gift!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
dang, you guys are lucky. i've never been pulled over and not given a ticket. i'm off to the courthouse after work today as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The first week I had #2325 I was taking my uncle for a drive to show it off. In a residential area at night I pulled out from a stop sign and revved through first and made a hard shift into second. Before I had a chance to go far in second the blue lights came on behind me. To my dissapointment a female officer walked up who looked like a cross between Chyna and Frankenstein. She asked for my license in a very serious and mean voice. As I was reaching for it I said "I know I pulled out fast but I didn't spin the tires or go over the speed limit". She did not reply but instead looked at me with a look that almost made me turn to stone. Then a voice came over her radio that said "Fight in progress!". She got all excited and while handing me my license back she said "I'm warning you, I've gotta go!"

I drove 20mph all the way home.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Whew Scriptoe! Hubby and I have a clean record for at least 9 years now. Our insurnace told us if we can stay clean for 1 more year we will never be terminated for any reasons or our rates won't go up from accidents or tickets! So hubby said to me on the way home from the insurance office, "I wonder who will be the first one to get a ticket this spring or summer, you in the Bullitt or me in the R?" I busted out laughing and said him of course! But maybe, just maybe, we can hold off for another year! :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, Got a ticket in my Bullitt with just 432 miles on it. It was a doosie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know better than that.

Dean

·
Registered
762 Posts
Amazingly I haven't ever received a speeding ticket in the US that is. Over here well thats a different story altogether. I was cruising in the Roush at 120 mph when I spot some officers in a usual speed trap location so I back it off to flow of traffic speed (approximately 90 mph although the national speed limit is 70 mph) and guess who gets a ticket in the mail 3 months later, me. They claimed to have clocked me with a laser, yeah right. I think it was a case of me standing out because of the sound my car makes when I down shift. Anyway, the result was a $300.00 fine for doing 107 mph.

·
Registered
821 Posts
You GUYZZZZZZZZZ!!!

I've NEVER been pulled over in my life, so that means no tickets! Am I lucky or what? Well, I don't speed either, I only do about 5 over on the highways and on the side streets, etc., I DO the speed limit. I don't want the day to ever come where I hit and hurt or God forbid, kill somebody....I'd never forgive myself...and it can happen in an instant. There have been a few stories of this on the news here in this town recently and it just scares me to death.....hmmm, I think I'll continue to be a good little girl in my speeding Bullitt!

:grin:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I recently received a warning for going 85 in a 65. I guess the cop was in ahh of my Bullitt. I was cruising at 85 and noticed this car coming up behind me fast and thought that maybe he would want to race. I looked over and saw a Texas highway patrol. He was not interested in racing :smile: So I pulled over to take the ticket that I though I was going to get. He asked me why I was going that fast and I played dumb. I was like " officer I did not realized how fast I was going ". All he asked for was my license, checked my clean record and gave me a written warning. My radar detector never picked him up because he never need to use when he pulled up next to me to find my speed. The rest of the night I was crusing near the speed limit :grin: I figured I can only be lucky once in one day.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hey Vicki!

Well, I've done it 3 times I think. Twice by accident (still learning) and once on purpose, right in front of my house. We have one of those "secluded" sub-divisions with only 49 houses, and there was not a soul in site...I think I was safe. :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've been pulled over numerous times (about 4 times) in #4816, mostly for ignorant harrassment reasons however, luckily I haven't gotten a ticket yet (knock on wood) and they haven't even said anything about the exhaust, considering I have the straight H-Pipe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts