Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After MANY views of the new Bullitt tonight. I am diggin' it. Why....

Alot of criticism has been raised regarding the horsepower numbers throughout several Mustang websites of the new Bullitt. I don't really understand these criticisms! This is a well built car(S197), and weighs, at best, 200lbs. more than our 01's. 312HP on 87 Octance is pretty impressive.(and no gas guzzler tax).

The C6 Corvette weighs ~ 3200lbs.
The 07 Mustang weights ~ 3500lbs.

C6 Corvette Horsepower = 400
08 Bullitt Horsepower = ~312

C6 Corvette(no options) price = 43000
08 Bullitt price = 31000

If you do the math you will see, the price and performance of these cars is more than equivalent to the top-of-the-line American performance car.

In no means is the Bullitt the American answer to Ferrari but it does represent a piece of history.

The film 'Bullitt' was the John Wayne of the 60's Hot Rod industry. It was subtle and quiet unless it was time to kick ass....

In a society filled w/ "materialism"...I like to see things that don't beg for attention.

I applaud Ford for building this car as they have. I, for one, cannot wait until one is in my driveway.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I think they nailed the look of the front end real well,compared to the 1968,except for the lack of the vented hood. I would have forked over an additional 500 bucks for that.
But,since I still like my "old" 2001 Bullitt,I have tweaked it the way I like,will be taking a BIG pay cut next year,plant closing,and early retirement,I can't see spending another 18,000+,over the value of what I have for the new Bullitt.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm happy to see more people that are being realistic about what came out. Don't forget the 50/50 weight distribution and different handling characteristics. For once, it is a mustang not just made for balls to the wall speed, but also for handling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts