Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all - i've got a question some of you may be able to answer.

I ordered my Bullitt in April, and ever since, i've been whetting my appetite by reading this forum. It's my first new car, as i'm fresh out of college, and i can't wait to get it. Which brings me to my question - my build date is August 6th. How long will it take to get to the dealer? How long did it take your cars to reach the dealer? I ordered it from Alan Ford on Telegraph, so it's not a huge trip from the factory.

Thanks for any help -

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
14 days from build date, that is how long it took to get mine here in Oklahoma. I've had others from around the country tell me they recieved theirs exactly 14 days from the build date, mine came in at 13 days. Congratulations!!! You're gonna love it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I ordered mine on my bday- April 3rd. According to the build sheet- build date was June 4th. It arrived at the dealer on June 28th. No problems so far (except the brake pedal cover fell off yesterday! But I have it back on for now). I'm in NY

Still grinning- you will be too. Good luck!

01 DHG Bullitt 2508

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ordered mine in February and was given a delivery date of May 20th. It came in ten days earlier than that an I picked it up May 10th. So they may beat your delivery date and you can be eating those FIRECHICKEN's sooner than you think!!

It has lots of power, be smart and safe!! Enjoy!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I ordered mine on jan 23. Build date on the door decal is April 2 and it was delivered to my dealer on May 3rd. First 400 were used for testing so mine took a little longer to show up.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Weird,,,,I have a build date of 4/1 and my number is 388. Had like 32 miles on it when we took it off the showroom. Defiently seems like the build date does not have anything to do with the BULLITT number. Are we going to have to do a special section on build dates?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I dont know!!?? That is what team mustang told me. maybe they didnt test all 400. Just random selection out of the 400. It would be interesting to see whos Bullitts showed up with more than 5 or 6 miles on it..I'm gonna post the question.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
My build sheet says Thursday April 19, 2001. The sticker on the door jam says 4/1. I think the door sticker is a generic date.

Mid Life, I don't know if you have found your build sheet yet, but mine was tucked up behind the rear bumper cover. At the top is the date and time of when the sheet was printed. I would arseume this would be approximately the same time as arseembly of the car began.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,040 Posts
Ya, it seems like just about everybody's DATE on their door sticker that have early Id #s is April 1st. That was on a Sunday and the plant is closed on Sunday, I believe! We will have to wait for a VIN decoder to come out like they have for the older Mustangs to see what the build dates are.? Unless, of course you have found your mysterious build sheet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts