Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least one of my personel friends Died Tuesday. He was having breakfast at Windows of The World on the top floor. His body was recovered on Wednesday and identified by his parents. I am a New Yorker and worked on
Wall Street for over 10 years. My Dad and my brother in law and many friends work on the Stock Exchange and they barely made it out! I was in basicly a state of shock for 3 days. Sorry guys, but I cried for days feeling helpless knowing that many of my friends died that day and I am here in California helpless to do anything. I have a job to do here and there is no getting around it, but I felt like I died this week. I cant wait to get home and see my wife and kids Friday.
See Ya.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your loss. Safe travels back to NYC!

I feel a bit guilty: 35 years old and I've never been to NYC, even though I have always had family in Brooklyn.

·
Registered
360 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss, Fred. Being away from home doesn't make it any easier, no doubt. Hope you make it home safely and as quickly as possible.

Tracy

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think a little bit in all of us died last tuesday Fred, God's speed to you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
JFK made a statement in Germany on his visit to Berlin right after the wall went up,that went something like 'Ich bin ein Berliner' which loosely is 'I am a Berliner'. Thou I live many miles from NYC,I can say 'Ich bin ein New Yorker' for this last week we all have become New Yorkers in our hearts. Fred, Godspeed on your trip home and DO BE SAFE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts