Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently read an article that had the weight of teh Bullitt at 3900lbs! I have also read the question as to the weight in these forums.I have never weighed my Bullitt,but I pulled my invoice and the weight as shipped from Ford was like 3190lbs if I remember correctly. I may be 5 or 10 pounds off as my invoice is at work.I wonder why such a discrepencies?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I weighed my car at our local drag strip about three weeks ago. With a little over 1/2 tank of fuel it weighed in at 3316lb.
Anyone else weighed their Bullitt?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks, 4995 - That's what we expect and it's more in line with the weights of a standard GT. With driver and some gas, we all expect to be well under 3500lbs. Corral.net site calculators put our ET's and HP in line with these weights also.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I got a reply back from one of the editors of MM&FF concerning this, and they said:

"I believe we may have had a problem with the scale that day as most other Bullitt's show what you describe, however, we did weigh other cars on that day and they scaled properly."

What I described was that there was no way a Bullitt weighs over 3500lbs.
I sent a message back asking if they would weigh another car, and issue a correction in the next issue...no reply yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitmon on 2001-09-18 18:47 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts