Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket hood hinge add-ons that allow the hood to stay "up" without use of the rod ?
Thanks for any help forthcoming !
Hesh

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have the MRT struts on my Bullitt. They work great.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have the Redline Tuning hood struts. They work great and I love em. I got them installed this year at the big Carlisle Ford Nationals by the company that makes them.

·
Premium Member
'01 #5253
464 Posts
I have the redline kit on my '90. They will go on every car I own from now on. Well worth the price for not having to worry about knocking over the prop rod when I'm in there working, or from the wind. I was at the NMRA Bradenton event this year, and people couldn't keep their hood open for fear the prop rod would blow loose.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Redline Quicklifts on my 01 Bullitt... love them, can't believe i ever tried to go to shows without them.

they make a better presentation area under the hood, very easy to get up and down, no problems after two years of having them on, and I installed them myself in about an hour in the garage late one night.

i agree on above also, thye make it so much easier to work under the hood on simple stuff like filter changes/cleaning/etc.

shaun

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the info. I will check out the kits and hopefully add one to the Bullitt.
Hesh

·
Registered
825 Posts
Can't Go Wrong With MRT Hood Strut Package

Hesh said:
Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket hood hinge add-ons that allow the hood to stay "up" without use of the rod ?
Thanks for any help forthcoming !
Hesh
Hi Hesh, had this set-up for awhile now. Works and looks as good as the day installed. Here's my original post for the MRT Hood Struts for our car.
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156514

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the MRT on the '08 Bullitt and Steeda on the '05 GT. Both work great!

Get yourself a bottle of touchup paint before you do this. You WILL skin up the bolts when installing the hood strut brackets.

·
0 Posts
I have the MRT struts on my '08. I also had them on my '01. They are great. Easy to install. No holes to drill or major mods to make. The price is pretty good too.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I installed the MRT Hood Shock Kit. They work great and installed quick and easy.
You might have to muscle one of the shocks on in that it might be a half inch to long. I couldn't get the shock to go in and muscled it on. The shock appeared to be frozen and I wasn't able to push it in but when I hooked it up the leverage was easily applied by the lowing of the Hood. There are several manufacturers for the Hood shocks and they are all about the same price. I settled for the all Black Kit.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Since the hood latch is a bit, errr, tempermental , I usually drop it to close it in order not to dent it.. How does that work with the strut kits?

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Madpoodle said:
Since the hood latch is a bit, errr, tempermental , I usually drop it to close it in order not to dent it.. How does that work with the strut kits?
The struts exert upward force (which causes the hood to raise automatically) upon opening. To close you have to reach up and gently lower the hood manually (just like hoods use to be back in the day) and then push smartly to lock in place. No big deal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't mean to hijack your thread, Hesh, but I have a question for folks with the NXT Generation type hood struts from Ninosport. Are yours tarnishing/difficult to clean? Perhaps I should have gotten them painted after all. :frown:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts