Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to get the car out and found That I have had a break in.
I opened the garage door and saw daylight from a big hole in the roof.
They broke off a big chunk of the corner of my garage roof, climbed in and stole my small petrol Generator.
My door is very secure, so desparate measures were needed.

I started the car and reversed it out to look for damage to the car.
The car cut out an just died on me. Intstrument lights dead, head lights even the central locking would not work.

I popped the hood to disconnect the battery and I saw that the Earth terminal had sheered right off the batery.

I was on my original battery but it's dead now. I always kept the terminals clean and coated in vaseline
but it looks to have corroded right through.

NOTE: I got a new battery but he said this one had been arcing out. It could have caused a fire......

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Well, obviously you didn't follow the Government's suggestion to keep your garage unlocked so the thieves wouldn't damage anything or harm themselves attempting to break in, and are now paying the price in Kharmic Destiny with your B........... :badgrin:

Seriously tho - there is a SPECIAL level of Hell reserved for thieves. As this is a Family Website, I'll not go into details here and now.

Sorry this happened to you.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The joke is that I could not get this Generator to start anymore. I was going to put it on ebay for a joke as a "work out machine."
The ad would have read something like one man work out machine for sale.
I have used this many times recently and now I have one shoulder bigger that the other.
It did work and run but seriouly if you need a Generator, then don't be tight and buy a decent one....

Don't have to worry about it now. I hope it near kills the SOB trying to start it.....

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,298 Posts
Hi Bobert... sorry to hear of your misfortune. :( Hey, when I read your first sentence it sounded to me like your CAR was broken into and they tore the corner of the roof of your car offto get in. :lol: I'm a girl so that's understandable...

They didn't take anything else?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I was thinking the same thing as Vicki.

I think it's hilarious they stole a broken generator (not that doing all the damage was great) and will be breaking their back trying to start it :lol:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sorry to hear this.....Maybe it someone who seen you use it before.....If they didn't take anything else, this would support this theory.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts