Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to take my first test in college... apparently i was running behind so i was gettin on it, and some witnesess say i was swerving in and out of traffic.
Next think happens is i waKE up in a hospital confussed and wondering why im in the hospital. They ask me if i knew were i was and i replied say dallas? but they said try again, and again said dallas. Then i saw my mom at the end of my bed and she told me the story, i flipped my car three times into a ditch and i was pinned halfway out of my car on the driverside window. A pedestrian stopped to help me and he said he held me out by cupping the mudd away from my mouth so i could breathe, then all the paramedics and pedestrians helped to life the car off of me, while doing this some chemical started leaking on my legs and then they care flighted me to tomphson hospital and then i was put into a medically induced coma for 2 weeks due to annmonay??? something like that, but they had to breathe for me while i was in a coma and i got sick. After my moms story i asked her everything that happened to me and she began to tear up and tell me,
I fractured my skull on the left side from the top all the way below the ear
I broke my neck (c-2)
I broke a rip that ended up puntureing my lung
I ruptured my bladded and diaphram
Broke my left wrist
Broke my right [pelvic bone
On my right leg i received 3rd degree burns from my heel to above my knee
On my left leg its a lot better but i have 2 small 3rd degree burns on my shin and above the knee

When i was told all of this i knew pretty much my car is totaled but more sad at the long term effects of my injuries.

Everything happed on Sep 9 2008 and i am now being able to go out and look normal, i have to keep wrapping my legs untill the heal properly.

I cant beleive this happened to me really but everything happens for a reason i guess .... But i lost my memory 3-4 days before the wreck and 2 1/2 weeks after the wreck and had real bad nerve damage on the right side of my boday which causes it to be weeker than usuall but its gettin better with work.

It was a one car wreck so thankfully no one else got hurt.

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
Good to see you are recovered enough to post with us. Looks like the Lord is giving you another chance on life. Having worked at a level I trauma center for over 20 years, I can read between the lines on the description of your injuries. In a split second, life can change. I worked tonight and within 30 minutes of the Super Bowl ending we had 1 stab victim and another one hit by an auto with massive head trauma.
Praying for a complete recovery for you. Feel free to also PM me if you want, God Bless, Mike

·
Registered
937 Posts
Wow .... Happy you made it ok and still here to write about it. You've been handed a second chance in life so make the best of it. Best wishes to you..

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
damn, you are prettylucky alll things considered.... liek evryone else has said,
you have been given another chance .....use it wisely. if you need anything or to talk etc .....pm me here with your phone number .....
give your mom a big hug and tell her you love her....i think you took a few years off her life with all that went on.....

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
texasbullitt said:
damn, you are prettylucky alll things considered.... liek evryone else has said,
you have been given another chance .....use it wisely. if you need anything or to talk etc .....pm me here with your phone number .....
give your mom a big hug and tell her you love her....i think you took a few years off her life with all that went on.....
+1 I couldn't have said it better. Get Well and keep us posted!
Bruce

·
Registered
718 Posts
marichardson said:
Good to see you are recovered enough to post with us. Looks like the Lord is giving you another chance on life. Having worked at a level I trauma center for over 20 years, I can read between the lines on the description of your injuries. In a split second, life can change. I worked tonight and within 30 minutes of the Super Bowl ending we had 1 stab victim and another one hit by an auto with massive head trauma.
Praying for a complete recovery for you. Feel free to also PM me if you want, God Bless, Mike
I second that! Dang, God was looking out for you. My wife was an E/R Trauma RN for over 20 years and now a Nurse Educator for the L.A. Co. Fire Dept. She says you could have died without such help and care from citizens, emergency personnel, and a good trauma center.

You must have been going to take an English class test so it would not have mattered if you took your time getting there. Looking at your post, you would have gotten a D+. :lol: :rolleyes: :eek: :badgrin: :wink:
<O:p
Get well, keep positive, and mind the doctors and nurses!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Holy Moley! I just checked, the last time you posted was September 08, 2008:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157853

REALLY Glad it wasn't your LAST post (permanent-like). Hang in there, you'll be amazed at how far and how fast you'll recover. Especially with encouragement from your friends and family (both direct, and those here at IMBOC).

Nice to have you still with us.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
YakUbs, glad you are with us man! How old are you now? In your last paragraph you said you had lost your memory 3 days before the wreck. ANd after the wreck? I am confused. :-?

So #4655 is totaled. :cry: They had to use the jaws of life on her?

With each passing day, you will heal more and more. Hang in there...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Small miracles...

Glad to hear you have been given a second chance. It is a true blessing that you didn't end up paralyzed considering the C2 fracture. Thank God you are still alive. I was with a friend in his Barracuda back in 71 when a car pulled out of a side road right in front of us and we swerved to avoid him, hit the ditch, rolled at least twice AND flipped end over end. We both walked away. A few minutes earlier we didn't have our seatbelts on when this "voice" said you are not wearing your seatbelts. I ignored it and 30 seconds later it returned and said "Put your seatbelts on NOW!!" I complied, and my friend looked over and said oh, yah, seatbelt. I held the wheel while he put his belt on. Five minutes later we totalled the car. You have survived by God's grace and the quick actions of others. Second chances...

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Get well soon......Take it one day at time......Just thank GOD and everyone who was there for you.....

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think he was refering to the fact that now he can not remember 3 days before the accident or 2 weeks after???

None the less, I am glad to hear you are ok. As others have states, cars can be replaced and people can not.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
very sorry to hear about the wreck, and the injuries, BUT - I am pleased to hear that you are well on the road to mending.

All my best wishes to keeping on that road. :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sorry to hear about your acceident, but very glad to hear that you are recovering well. My prays go out to you and your familey. God Bless

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.