Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had this camera now for a little while, it was my Past-Grandfathers so it has some sentimentalness to it. But im trying to fine a ZOOM lense for it. like a 50MM-200MM lense and some wide angle attachments. problems is, this camera is from the 1960's and it utilizes screw on lenses insteade of the new snap on. can Can ya help me ???

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, its been real hard to find lenses for this thing. i allready have a Macro lense and the wide angle lense. Im also on ebay bidding on a Nikkon D70 with multiple lenses. but i love the photos this Yashika takes so i want to be able to use it as well. its just HEAVY lol

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Yes, Aaron, I would recomend KEH Camera Brokers in Atlanta, Georgia. They stand behind the used lenses they sell and would be as likely as anyone to have some lenses for your camera.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Have a peek at eBay as well. You never know what you`ll find there.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speeding Bullitt said:
Have a peek at eBay as well. You never know what you`ll find there.
oh i know, i use ebay allllll the time, but i didnt know what to look for until now, and i just lost a bidding at the last 10 seconds and lost by 1 buck wth. lol

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Hey Aaron,

I still use an old Pentax for lots of my photography. There's a shop on Mills Ave in Orlando called Colonial Photo and Hobby--give them a call as they have a lot of used and new equipment for pretty good prices. They'll probably be able to help you get what you're looking for. If you really want to get set up, buy yourself an old enlarger and convert a room to a darkroom. With that camera you'll be suprised what you can produce with a little time earned in the darkroom. If you need additional help, feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do for ya'.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Does anybody know if the lenses for a Canon D70 will fit on a new digital Rebel? I know that there are at least 2 different sizes (besides the screw on Aaron was talking about.) What do I look for on my lenses to find out if they will fit? I have accumlated a decent array of lenses, and would like to be able to use them and not have to buy new ones.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BigBullitt said:
Does anybody know if the lenses for a Canon D70 will fit on a new digital Rebel? I know that there are at least 2 different sizes (besides the screw on Aaron was talking about.) What do I look for on my lenses to find out if they will fit? I have accumlated a decent array of lenses, and would like to be able to use them and not have to buy new ones.
Im not sure, but I was thinking Canon changed their lenses from time to time. also I thought the Rebel used a smalled end than the 70D. thats why I bought a Nikon, all the lenses fit 99% of the Cameras

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hollow_point said:
Hey Aaron,

I still use an old Pentax for lots of my photography. There's a shop on Mills Ave in Orlando called Colonial Photo and Hobby--give them a call as they have a lot of used and new equipment for pretty good prices. They'll probably be able to help you get what you're looking for. If you really want to get set up, buy yourself an old enlarger and convert a room to a darkroom. With that camera you'll be suprised what you can produce with a little time earned in the darkroom. If you need additional help, feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do for ya'.
Hey Brian, I was able to find lenses for the Yashika, and then I bought a F70 Nikon, (I love 35MM), But thanks for the tip.

Yeah the Yashika puts out incredible photos, it has a minor light leak that you have to take into consideration when adjusting the aperture and film speed.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Im not sure, but I was thinking Canon changed their lenses from time to time. also I thought the Rebel used a smalled end than the 70D. thats why I bought a Nikon, all the lenses fit 99% of the Cameras
Oops, I meant to say T-70. I think the openings on these lenses are the smaller of the two, so it may work. I'll probably take them up to a camera shop and compare. Dell is having a good sale on the Digital Rebel right now.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I just listed my two Canon 35 mm cameras. An F-1 original with a 50 mm and a 135 mm fixed focal length lenses. And a AE-1 (black case) with two telephoto lenses. One a 85-135mm Vivtar and a 70-200mm Soligar. Multiple filters for the lenses that come with the F-1.

I would have kept them, but haven't used either camera seriously in over a year. And so I decided to let someone else have a great deal before they sieze from lack of use. The F-1 was my favorite, but the AE-1 was far more versital for my novice brain.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Where did you list them?

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
And Mr. Bullitt wins a cigar for reading my mind...

See above, I edited the OOPS! To: I just listed on ebay...DOH! I used i sold it, a contractor.:lol:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DavidMidgley said:
And Mr. Bullitt wins a cigar for reading my mind...

See above, I edited the OOPS! To: I just listed on ebay...DOH! I used i sold it, a contractor.:lol:
:lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts