Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang, i decided to go ahead and order a new replacement quadrant and cable for my bullitt as the tranny is fine and the new clutch, TOB and PP and pilot bearing are going in now...

which do you recommend? i think UPR seems to be a general concensus, but i seem to remember someoone saying that the ford clutch cable was superior to their UPR HD cable... and do i really need the firewall locking adjuster, or just the clutch quadrant to replace the plastic POS ford gave us...

or is this something i don't really even need since i went with another stock clutch and PP and such? would i be wasting my money getting a new quadrant for a stock clutch setup? how hard is this intall in my driveway/garage? (i am tool and car competent...)

thanks in advance, ya'll are the greatest!!

shaun

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I used the Steeda parts, seemed very good quality. As for the install, you do need to be a bit of an acrobat if you dont remove the drivers seat.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I installed the Steeda double hook quadrant, firewall adjuster, and Ford cable. Wayne is right you have to be an acrobat. I didn't remove the seat, but then again, when I was a Ford tech I replaced hundreds of noisy brake boosters on Town Cars, Grand Marqs, and Crown Vics. You never get used to the knot it puts in your back though...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so steeda is better than UPR kit, and the ford cable that steeda kit comes wiht is better than aftermarket cable? got it!!

thanks gang!!

shaun

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I used the Steeda double hook quadrant and firewall adjuster with the stock cable. If using the stock cable instead of an adjustable cable, you will need the firewall adjuster. It's a pain to put in, but works great! And you can easily adjust the clutch so that the pedal releases where you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts