Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about ironic. Last time it was Carl's...now it's mine. Just this morning, being the idiot I am, I scraped my right quarter panel pulling out of my garage. I've pulled in and out a million times, just wasn't paying attention this time. Luckily the quarter isn't pushed in, just has some major galdges, right down to the metal. After it happen, all I could do was just smile...get back in the car and pull it back in the garage. I'll have it fixed by next week, no big deal. Just thought it was funny, after the coversation we had recently. On the positive side.... there is a chip on that quarter that was there when I bought it. It's been bugging me ever since. Now I have an excuse to fix it.:smile:

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey TJ,

Uggg... That is a bummer. But at least you know the guy that will be working on your car;-)...

When I was going through all the problems with mine, I almost parked it and did a complete on it;-)...

Let us know how it goes;-)...

Bud

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-09-15 19:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Dooohhh!*?#!*!!

T.J. how'd that happen. Sorry to hear about that.

Sooooo, what's it gonna be... blend or spray the whole panel????

Carl G/ Bullitt220

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a narrow garage, and it's a little tight pulling in and out. I've pulled out over a hundred times, but for some reason this time I just cut it too close. And regardless of what other people may think.....stucko is NOT good for your clear coat. Stupid mistake, but it's no use kicking myself now. Whats done is done. And as far as the repair procedure.... the scrapes are directly above the wheel, on the part of the quarter that flares out. I am planning on taking off the bumper cover, sail panel, side scoop (which is bolted on from the inside) and fuel door. The repair area should be rather small. At this point, I plan to do a "blend" and clear the whole panel. I will be completely honest with the final outcome....and I will let you know if any further color had to be applied to the panel for a proper match.
Until then...only night driving for me. Talk to you guys later.

T.J.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts