Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for ways to authenticate our Bullitts. I know it's not an issue today,I'm thinking long term.
Other then the sticker and the DHG and all the bolt on parts etc..
The only real way to authenticate a Bullitt would be to find the VIN stamped on the Tremec 3650 trans with a VIN showing the trans came on a 2001 GT? But as we all know the Tremec 3650 in 2001 only came from the factory in the Bullitt and Cobra.

Does anyone know were the VIN is stamped on the Tremec 3650?????

I'm sure after we get some specs on our Bullitt engines of the internal parts that will help with the VIN on the block.

Does anyone know were the VIN is on the block?????

Does anyone know of ways to authenticate a Bullitt? The build sheet that we pulled from the back bumper i can reproduce on my printer. But the window sticker and original invoice can help,but they can get lost or damaged.

(Best ET to date 13.73 my Bullitt is stock other then Nitto DR's)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-11-05 19:25 ]</font>

·
Banned
975 Posts
My 2 cents: I have taken the Window sticker,build sheet, certificate of origin and dealer invoice to the county court house and had them entered into the county records and placed on microfilm. The same way that you would your DD-214. That way ten or twenty years from now the records are in safe keeping.
:bullitt:

·
Registered
835 Posts
My original window sticker and build sheet are in a fireproof safe. I made a color copy of the sticker and a fairly good copy of the sheet to keep in the car. Lastly, I scanned both into my computer where they reside with a photo of my Bullitt ID sticker and other Bullitt documents and images.

Ford's archives have the 3rd ID stickers along with the documents that match it to the VIN.

I'm not worried about proving I've got the real thing. I only get irked at cloners who claim to be but aren't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-11-20 11:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
"Ford's archives have the 3rd ID stickers along with the documents that match it to the VIN."

They do? How would this work? Is their a phone number you call?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peace of mind lies within each and every Bullitt. Art Hyde and crew have secretly placed a second placard on each and every Bullitt produced. Only Art and his staff (or but a handful of his staff) are privey to the location of the secondary placard. If documenting your ride becomes a problem, I am sure for the right reasons, the Special Vehicle Team will help.

·
Registered
285 Posts
someone here said the Interior code (KW) on the doorjam VIN decal will prove real Bullitts from phonies.

The Bullitt interior is unique, so the interior code for it should be as well...

...right?

Scott D.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-05 20:39, Scott D wrote:
someone here said the Interior code (KW) on the doorjam VIN decal will prove real Bullitts from phonies.

The Bullitt interior is unique, so the interior code for it should be as well...

...right?

Scott D.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
VERY GOOD Scott! This is the info we need.The the Bullitt has a unigue interior so we should have a unigue code. Now if you can find out if the (KW) is unigue to the Bullitt this is a good one. Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Actually, a lot of Mustangs got the Tremec. Ford made a production switch half way through Mustang production and GTs started getting the new transmission.

·
Registered
309 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-06 09:07, Cupfan wrote:
What am I missing?

The engine code in the VIN designates it as a Bullitt motor. What else do you need?

You're missing the fact that X in the VIN is the code for the SOHC 4.6L V-8. Could be for a GT or a Bullitt, so it's not a unique identifier. The interior code would be however. So would the paint code for those of us with DHG. :wink: :grin:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
We’ve been down this road already. We need a FAQ page. It’s been proven that the VIN doesn’t prove its Bullitt. The Tremec 3650 stated going in all GTs I think around June 2001. Other than the two 3D sticker and the interior code (KW) on the door jam, and contacting Ford about the 3rd sticker that matches the VIN number (as TXBullitt said), and the paint code on the DHG Bullitts, there is no other way that I’m aware of, to authenticate a Bullitt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FASTBULLITT on 2001-11-06 09:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the update. It's kind of hard to go back and read thousands of posts.

Still, what are we talking about? If you're saying someone would forge the window sticker and build sheet AFTER adding ALL the Bullitt options, I think you're overestimating the collectible value of the car.

We don't have a Hemi Cuda, folks.

BTW, I guess I was safe then in telling my insurance agent it's a GT, not a Bullitt. Saves a hundred bucks a year.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
On 2001-11-06 09:42, Cupfan wrote:
Thanks for the update. It's kind of hard to go back and read thousands of posts.

I know what you mean. , I have also been guilty of restarting an old subject.
I’m creating a web page now that will hopefully cover one FAQ. Once I’m done with it, I plan on letting whom ever runs the BULLITCLUB about it and see if he is in favor of creating a page with links for FAQ Bullitt questions. Thus, getting new people like me up to speed. I’ve got plenty of space that my ISP gives me to host at least one FAQ webpage.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
my grin while driving is the ONLY authentication i need...my window sticker will help later!
once again, the VIN has no indication our cars are Bullitts. secondly, towards the end of April all GT's also started getting the Tremec tranny!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-11-06 14:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
203 Posts
There was a post on this site about a week ago about a metal tag under the front of the Bullitt on the drivers side that had some info on it. I found this tag and it has stamped on it: Bulit. Mispelled but a unique identifier nevertheless. Have others found this tag? I will post my picture of the tag soon. However, it is in a hard to reach place which makes it tough to get a good picture.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Actually the VIN will be the ultimate proof. It's my understanding that Ford and the Mustang Club will have a list of the VIN's that were produced as Bullitts and the location of the 2nd hidden ID hologram. It's supposed to have been rotated on every vehicle so the VIN and tag location have to match. Ford had a fiasco with the 35th anniversary limited edition Mustang. Counterfeiting was simple and from what I understand abundant.

·
Registered
835 Posts
hey Fast,

I'd just e-mail Art Hyde if it came down to it. He's actually been quite amenable to conversing with owners as long as he's not being harangued.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Howdy BLT5103,

If you hace your build sheet, you'll notice that it has the same spelling Bulit, as the buck tag.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts