Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brian lets post some details!! I have always wanted to try this!!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Right now you know about as much as I do. I will look into this further.
I was warned it is mostly an import crowd. So I may need a few more Bullitts to watch my back. lol

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Guys: I did this back in 1989 in a lowered Nissan truck..Yup, a mini-truck....Its all about fun..First thing is you have to make sure you can pass tech: Make sure you have a secured tie-down for your battery, no visble leaks, if your car has a carb, make sure you have a return spring installed ,make sure all front wheel bearings are tight and that all lugs nuts are installed..make sure you have a good , solid brake pedal, center caps must be removed from wheels..on your interior. make sure all loose items are removed including floor mat on driver's side...You must have a helmet...Try to get there early so you can walk the course before they start runs..This helps alot..Remember , when you hit a cone, two seconds is taken off you time..When running the course, try to be of aware of corner workers ...If they start waving a red flag..stop immediatley..The import cars crowd usually dominate Solo II because they are lighter and more nimble in these course set-ups...And remember to have fun....

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Brian: Try to find out what class your car is in..I believe you will be in Modified class...Call the Solo II hotline or call the host club..Try to find out when your class runs so you can plan according..If its in the afternoon, then you don't have to get there so early..If it just practice, meaning the whole event is practice,then you don't have to get there early..

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2005-01-19 18:44, 'Have BULLITT will travel' wrote:
So what's up ! any word on if this get together is going to happen ?

DHG 1005 would come out to play !

on your six ... DHG 1005

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

From what I understand the event is sold out. The January date is always the most attended. I am going to go on Sunday and check it out. I am going to take my helmet just in case. If you are up for a drive you are welcome to join me.

7,020 Posts
BC, must have missed something, where is this event being held, whats the date, what time does it stsrt.

If I cant make this one, will plan for the next one, need to kick your butt at something.

on your six ... DHG 1005

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2005-01-21 13:01, 'Have BULLITT will travel' wrote:
BC, must have missed something, where is this event being held, whats the date, what time does it stsrt.

If I cant make this one, will plan for the next one, need to kick your butt at something.

on your six ... DHG 1005
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

It is on Sunday. http://www.solo2.com/eventpage.asp?eid={BB125C6F-557F-4C53-BD6B-99D25B47498D}

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can have a lot of fun at an autocross event. You can also get pretty bored and more than a little embarrassed. Little civics that you destroy from street light to street light will eat your lunch from cone to cone ... especially thru the 180's. The bullitt runs in f-stock. About the only mod in that group is cat backs. Pretty much anything else puts you up into street mod, such as caster/camber plates, upgraded sub frame connectors, wider wheels (wheels - not tires). And you go up further if you do some power adders. Once you start running, the hardest thing to control will be front end push. Most people up the pressure in the front for push and lower the rears for launch. Take an air can with you if possible. Since you can't do much to the car once you get there, tire pressure is probably the biggest change you make to affect performance. Be sure and brake early, stay close to the cones, get on the gas early and be careful coming out of the turns too hot. That last part is really easy to do with the bullitt.
Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts