Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea what the people at AutoArt (and Ford, for that matter) are thinking, but I just got word that a (beautiful, white) 1:18 scale 2007 California Edition Mustang is now for sale.

Check out the amazing close-up photos here...

http://www.legacydiecast.com/xq/asp/id.AA73111/qx/review.htm

... and, if you're like me, you'll probably find yourself saying "Why am I not looking at pictures of an equally beautiful, so-real-looking-you-want-to-drive-it 2008 Bullitt?"

I am Absolutely Mystified as to how this happened :confused: ... especially since the last time I emailed AutoArt (in late February) they wrote back and said...

Dear Mr. Brant,
We will surely announce it if the model car is released.
Best regards,
AA Collection Ltd
www.aa-collection.com
"...if the model car is released." :redface:

It's such a no-brainer. I have to imagine there are lawyers involved. But, then again, Revell and Ford managed to come to an agreement... which gave us the 1:25 scale model kit.

Sorry if I'm ranting a bit here. But, when you look at the pics of that 2007 California Special, you'll probably feel the same way I do.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Notice its an 07 could be they are 2 years behind the curve.Although with a good paint job and a new cai could have potential.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first ford said:
Notice its an 07 could be they are 2 years behind the curve.Although with a good paint job and a new cai could have potential.
Well, I like your optimism, Rick. ;)

I was thinking about painting this model DHG myself. But getting rid of the rear spoiler and side scoops might not be easy. Painting the spokes on the wheels would make them just like ours. But I'd rather AutoArt just issued the real thing, to be honest.

I note the California Special is a limited edition of 3000, so AutoArt is okay with producing small quantities of vehicles. But I'll bet they'd sell more that 3000 Bullitts. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
metal body revell 1/25 scale

1 - 4 of 4 Posts