Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Subaru WRX!!!! :roll: Since this was under Nadda Bullitt you rpobably figured it wasn't the Bullitt!!! All I saw was the authors name, Ian something, so I didn't even bother reading the article. I've seen one or two of them running around town so i might have to stop one to see what they're all about. We don't have a dealer in town.
Cam

·
Registered
466 Posts
It really is a sweet ride for the $, despite the looks. For those in the snow belt, I can't think of a better mixture of performance and all weather capability. However, I would never trade my Bullitt for one.

If I could just teach the wife to drive a manual...........................

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I have a friend that has one and it's Kick ASS. Plus I have watched Speedvisions World Road Rally Championship a bunch of Times and really Like what the Race Car can do. But do they Make them in any color besides Blue?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Have test drove and almost bought one. I just could not justify the price for the cheesy interior. It is a phenomenal handling car and has good power.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Being in the snow belt, I'll speak for all of us RWD fanatics when I say I'll never trade my LT-1 Caprice w/Blizzaks, certainly not for a WRX; it's the best performance/ all-weather capability car I've ever driven. The only problem the Caprice has in the snow is clearance, so when the going gets real tough, I'll just climb into the F250.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-04 08:44, crs2879 wrote:
It really is a sweet ride for the $, despite the looks. For those in the snow belt, I can't think of a better mixture of performance and all weather capability. However, I would never trade my Bullitt for one.

If I could just teach the wife to drive a manual...........................
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
21 Posts
drive one in the rain

btw the conservative mods that can be done to the WRX merely bring it up to JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) standards where its stock boost is 17 lbs (US gets 13.6 lbs boost stock) and opens up intake and exhaust. So, no reliability issues and its up to 290+ hp with AWD. With intake/exh mods, turbo kicks in at 2500 rpm, all in a 3100lb car with a very stiff chassis, fully independent suspension.

I hear a lot of WRX owners are keeping theirs looking stock so there may be some surprises on the street.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice car if the weather requires. Not to brag but I have killed one, put up a pretty good fight though. They seem too pricey and too ricey.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ricey?
well all I can say is interior is about comparable quality, mechanicals are first rate...everything is race proven

its just a different take from the bullitt on going somewhere fast. The concept that or or the other is "better" is subjective from what I've seen.

it is possible to admire two cars at once, no?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I almost bought one. If I was still living up in vancouver I probably would have because of the amount of rain we get. It's a really sweet car despite the ugly looks and somewhat cheesy interior (I do love the momo steering wheel it comes with though).

·
Registered
173 Posts
The 4 banger rice and American V-8 Rear wheel drive is usually a place where people choose sides. WRX is a great car, but if I had to choose I would go with the Bullitt, which is what I did.

·
Registered
21 Posts
bullittmon

well, many Porsches still on the road have 4 cyl and Turbo 4 cyl "boxer" engines, (Just like the WRX)

btw the Subaru boxer (stock) makes 113.50 bhp per liter and 136 bhp per liter as its sold in Japan. that's not cheap stuff, nor are all the other goodies the WRX is endowed with.

so is it just the fact that the WRX is a Japanese car that qualifies it for "rice" status? now that I think about it, what is "rice"?

I can see if you just don't like a car to buy it, but flaming a car thats a pretty tight piece of machinery is puzzling.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was never flaming the car I was simply stating a prefrence. I recognized that the WRX is a cool piece of machinery but I don't want one in my driveway. Sure the WRX and the Porsche have a lot of simmilarities, but if you can't see the difference between the WRX and the Porsche I would love to sell you a WRX for $65K.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitmon on 2002-01-09 22:38 ]</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts