Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well took the Bullitt out of storage and found my 12v power outlet on the dash is not working? I checked the fuse no issue. I pulled the accessory trim and check the connection it was fine. I do not know how to remove the 12v power point from the trim piece. I'm scared to force any clips that may end up breaking. Has anyone replaced theres? Do you know of a video that may show how to remove? I have searched everywhere and cannot fnd anything. Or should I be looking at something else? I use this power outlet for my dash cam so would like to get it fixed without going to the dealer. Help if you can please.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sure you got the right fuse? Does ambient lighting work? What about the plug in the center console? If all good it’s most likely corrosion on the + terminal in the center. Take the plug off (just disconnects use a pick) and clean it out.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure you got the right fuse? Does ambient lighting work? What about the plug in the center console? If all good it’s most likely corrosion on the + terminal in the center. Take the plug off (just disconnects use a pick) and clean it out.
Yup check fuses 61 & 64 both good, no corrosion I figure try an new 12V power insert. I just have to get the tool to remove the old one.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
You've probably already done this, but check the continuity to the ground side of the power outlet as well as for 12V at the center connector. A loose or broken connection in either will result in no power.
I've never looked at the aux power point mounting, but here's a link to replacing one on an F150. I suspect it will be very similar.

Hope this helps.

Dave T.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You've probably already done this, but check the continuity to the ground side of the power outlet as well as for 12V at the center connector. A loose or broken connection in either will result in no power.
I've never looked at the aux power point mounting, but here's a link to replacing one on an F150. I suspect it will be very similar.

Hope this helps.

Dave T.

Hope this helps.

Dave T.
Thanks Dave, I did check, it does look like that's what I have to do, in the video they talk about the tool like a T to remove the centre part so you don't have to remove the dash, i am trying to source that part and then will replace the 12V centre.

Hope this helps.

Dave T.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I found this. It may be worth a call to the seller to see if it actually fits our Bullitts. Fairly pricey but the replacement socket isn't exactly cheap either and the right tool can make the job MUCH easier. Sounds like this power point replacement is more common than I thought. Makes you long for the days when you could unscrew the lighter socket retainer with your fingers and replace it for $3 bucks!

Dave T.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup that's the tool, I'm going to try princess auto. This shop usually has everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts