Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The original:

And the Artist's interpretation:

BEARS 34 (known in the real world as "Mike") did this for me. I met him at the get together I had for all of the Fuel Sluts and Bullittheads that were out looking for my car when it had been stolen.

He mentioned to me that he had been working on a drawing of my car because he liked a pic he saw of it. He asked if I would be interested in seeing it when it was done. Of course, I was!

I had actually forgotten about this (there was so much going on that day) until I got a PM from him yesterday, asking for my e-mail address so he could send it.

This morning it showed up in my in box and I have to say I LOVE IT! He is sending me a 16" X 20" artist proof.

He is hoping to set up a website making his artwork for sale. If this is any indication of what he is capable of, he could be very successful in that endeavor.

Now I have TWO quality pieces of artwork that feature my car. The piece in my signature and now this one. Not just a Bullitt, but my specific car. Damn, I gotta get going on getting these framed!!!!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Wow!!! On both the photo and the portrait!!!! Mike has got some serious talent. He did a great job of capturing the details and complex lines these cars have. Also the lighting and reflections are great. Like I have any basis to judge artwork...I can't even draw stick figures..:lol: Even so he did a great job of capturing the beauty of a beautiful car....John R :cool:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
sweet!!!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The car looks great in both renditions. I have to say yours is my favorite DHG on this site. The modifications are subtle from the outside and it looks like the car SHOULD have come from the factory.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Kevin: I also like the real pic and the artwork. I don't know just why but everytime I see the pic of your car I say, "That is just the best looking Bullitt I have ever seen!" You have a very special car. By the way, how could one get in touch with Bears 34 if we wanted to talk to him about doing some artwork?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
itsabullitt said:
The car looks great in both renditions. I have to say yours is my favorite DHG on this site. The modifications are subtle from the outside and it looks like the car SHOULD have come from the factory.

dennisbaker said:
Kevin: I also like the real pic and the artwork. I don't know just why but everytime I see the pic of your car I say, "That is just the best looking Bullitt I have ever seen!" You have a very special car.
I totally agree....If our Bullitts were women then I'd cheat on #0005 to drive Kevin's car! :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
WOWSER!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Amazing work!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[email protected]

I can't imagine he would mind me giving his e-mail out. Super nice guy to boot.

And thanks for all the kind words about my car. I do realize how lucky I am to have this car, especially after everything that happened earlier this summer. It really got taken care of cosmetically after it was recovered, but I really have to give most of the credit to Rob, the guy I bought the car from. He built an amazing car, he definitely knew what he was doing.

Hell, all I did was write a check for it.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
That is one sharp B. Car is gorgeous and setting and composition are excellent. After staring at the bumper for a while, my mind noticed that the lower part looks like a Mustang front end turned upside down, so I flipped it.

Maybe it's just me. :grin:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. I focused on what I liked best on Kevin's car...that Cobra bumper. Feel free to send me an email.

[email protected]

The Cobra bumper upside down does look like the new Mustang. No hallucinatory drugs needed to see it either. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts