Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all. As I prepare to awaken the Bullitt from winter storage, I'm considering installating a Roush Extreme axle back exhaust. Wanted to hear from any forum members who may have this on their 2008/2009 Bullitt.
Thanks, Craig

·
Registered
69 Posts
Greetings to all. As I prepare to awaken the Bullitt from winter storage, I'm considering installating a Roush Extreme axle back exhaust. Wanted to hear from any forum members who may have this on their 2008/2009 Bullitt.
Thanks, Craig
I took some Magnaflows off mine and put Roush axle back on last year, it already had the cat delete so it made a huge difference. It’s kinda loud but I like it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took some Magnaflows off mine and put Roush axle back on last year, it already had the cat delete so it made a huge difference. It’s kinda loud but I like it.
Thanks. Since your running yours without cats I suppose it would be louder than mine with cats still in place?

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I ran my 2000 Cougar with a cat delete pipe for while. Pulled like a train, but the noise was so unbearable I went back to a high-flow. Catalytic converters make a significant difference in noise control.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the catalytic converter replies.
My first new car purchase was a 1974 Trans Am. First year for converters on that model. Took them off within a week. Bought a section of a '57 Chrysler exhaust that had the bends in the right place and bolted right in. What a difference on the exhaust note. Punched out the restrictor plate on the shaker while I was at it. When I tromped on the go pedal the sound of the exhaust along with howling of the secondaries on the 4 barrel blasting back at me...who needs a radio! Now that I think of it, I believe an AM/FM 8 track was the only option I checked off on the order. Not even the screaming chicken on the hood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts