Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to think of some cool place to go for an AZ winter Bullitt run with the rest of the AZ Bullittheads and came up with this. How about a day cruise from Phoenix, down to Tucson and then down to the Titan Missile Museum for the tour? Afterwards we could cruise back to Tucson, eat some grub, bench race, whatever and the Phoenix crowd could head home. Let me know what you think?

Here’s a link to the Titan Missile Museum; http://www.pimaair.org/titan_01.htm

Hank, DHG No. 2634

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2002-03-07 11:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2002-03-10 11:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2002-03-25 21:58 ]</font>

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Ann and I will be there Hank! We also live in Tucson so we will drive up to Phoenix to begin the event with anyone else in Tucson who is interested (a caravan of Bullitts is the real point of the thing, right?). The Titan Museum is a good idea. Mybe we could all meet somewhere in South Phonix, like the Mall or the Ford dealer on the I-10 south of 60.

· Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay folks,

Looks like there is enough interest in making this run so here’s what I’ll do:

Send an email to everyone (those in AZ and others that have responded) with some suggested dates. Call the museum and see what size groups they take on the tour. When I get the email replies, I’ll post/email the date and meeting place for the start and setup a time with the museum for the tour. Any suggestions will be helpful. (Places to meet, eat...etc) This will be a work in progress until I hear from most of you. Keep checking for updates.

· Registered
91 Posts
Hankster,

I am in, you cruise up front to cover the bugs...just kidding, I think we will all follow Dennis just to hear the nice sound of that tricked out Black Bullitt.

#553 will be there and I am going to work out giving some carcasuals.com stuff out.

· Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Bullittheads,

I got a good response from about half the emails I sent so I’m going to give it one more day and post the date and meeting place. Called the Museum and they can handle 25 on a tour so I don’t think there will be any problem getting us in as a group. More to come later... :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2002-03-10 11:46 ]</font>

· Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The date for the run to the Titan Missile Museum is March 30th. I reserved the 11:30am tour. By Sunday, 3/10, I'll post all the details of where to meet and when.

Later...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2002-03-10 11:47 ]</font>

· Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are the details for the AZ Titan Bullitt run on March 30th:

There will be two meeting points. The first is in Red Lobster’s parking lot just east off I-10 on Ray road, exit #159. Meeting time will be 9:00am. From here we head towards Tucson and make a stop at the Cracker Barrel restaurant on Cortaro road off I-10 at exit #246. (Thanks for the location Dennis!) That’s 87 miles so look for us to be there around 10:00am. Hook up with the Tucson group and leave there around 10:30am. The caravan continues down I-10 to I-19, down I-19 to the Duval Mine road, exit #69. The Titan Missile Museum is just west of I-19. Tour of the museum starts at 11:30am, we need to be there 15 minutes before tour time. The tour lasts for an hour. After that we can plan on eating in Tucson then decide how we’ll finish the day.

I chose the Red Lobster as a meeting place because it’s easy to find. My family is going to eat breakfast at the 5 & Dinner off of Ray road and 54th St around 8:00am before meeting in Red Lobster’s parking lot, any one who wants to join us is welcome. The stop at the Cracker Barrel is designed to give people from Tucson a place to gather and eat breakfast before the run if they want. (You can come to Phoenix if you’d like!) The times are estimates of course with the exception of the tour. Hope this doesn’t sound too regimented. I’m looking forward to seeing/meeting all of you and having a great time!

BTW, the road from I-19 and the museum parking lot are paved so are cars wont get trashed by gravel and dust. :wink:

Hank, DHG No. 2634

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2002-03-10 15:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2002-03-10 15:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2002-03-12 18:43 ]</font>

· Registered
83 Posts
By the way, I am in unless some tragedy occurs. I have been only monitoring the site lately and not posting. So just so others have some idea of who is going. I spent 7 hours on Saturday detailing BLKBIT so she will be clean for the run.

· Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Michael, you’re an animal! :wink: Can I get you to come over and detail 2634 for next Saturday? Just came from a Mustang show over at Earnhardt’s in Chandler. Saw Kevin and Meet a new couple that just moved to the valley with a DHG Bullitt. Gave them the info on the run so the group keeps growing. :cool: Looking forward to next weekend.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.