Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B&O Audio. It’s ok. I am looking for immersive sound. This system comes up a bit flat. I like the "head" unit, but will a speaker / sub swap improve things? Did this on my last ford (2004 Mercury Marauder) and it worked very well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Somebody just posted over the other forum (on the general comments section) that an MB Quart sub was a perfect match for the stock box. No details, however. I asked him what the physical differences were, and if he spliced wiring, or used OEM connectors, to prevent touching the car (which is the only way I'd do it). He just said that the improvement was noticeable.

I wonder if opening a port from the 'box' in the trunk would make things better, since there's no port. The sub would probably sound much harder if there was a port of some sort. But who knows. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am totally disappointed in the B&O sound system. Way too much bass even if turned all the way off. My Harmon Kardon in my 6 series sounds way better.

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Or, you could turn the audio off and drive the car. Sweetest music from under the hood and out the tailpipes?

·
Registered
83 Posts
At least you can fix that issue with streamed music. There's an equalizer under 'playback' settings. If you lower the bass all the way there, you'd have zero bass. I have it flat, but with a little more treble on the last 2 (out of 7) settings. Bass is fine for me, but I'm close to the left (nothing). And never listen with volume past 15 (usually not past 12), or it'd be a problem :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts