Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a 3 month shutdown the local track, MSR Houston, is open to non members again!

Ran last weekend with The Drivers Edge. 5 inches of rain predicted for Saturday made for a fun welcome back. Poured the whole way to the track and stopped when I was pulling up, never rained again all weekend. Took my RE71r track tires but never changed them, ended up running my BFG Sport Comp 2s all weekend.

Got some great runs in despite off track conditions being swamp like. Saw 2 cars in my group end their weekend early due to being over aggressive Saturday and sliding off track into ankle+ deep water and getting stuck in the mud.

Video 1- Trying to keep up with a 2004 Mustang Gt with then entire Maximum Motorsports catalog plus wider stickier tires on the last lap, his first weekend in the car. Almost bought this car a few weeks ago when it came up for sale. $7500 was the asking price. Bullitt held its own really well.

Video 2- Was pacing two BMW M3's when we came up on a Miata. Had fun with the Miata then caught up to the slower of the M3's.

Video 3- Trading laps with a VW GTI. He caught me after 1 warm up lap. Let him by, caught him, then was running experimental lines so he caught me again. Let him by again then caught him on the white flag lap (last lap).

Pictures:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#11...a great illustration of "run what ya brung". Thanks for cheering me up. Kind of sad...missing Indy.
It's always fun telling them its 18 year old suspension components and 240 horsepower that is passing them.

Am finally going to replace the stock rotors after 25 track days. Figured I would go with stainless lines while I was at it for a little added safety.

I did copy the part list the guy had on the 04 for future reference. Wouldn't mind adding the Fluiddyne radiator and oil cooler just to keep things cool on 90+ degree track days.

Here is what he has:

Engine:
PA Performance High Torque Starter – Heat Wrapped. Installed Nov 2018
Pypes Stainless X-pipe with high flow cats for shorty headers. Heat Wrapped. – street legal.
Stage8 fasteners on the exhaust to ensure nuts don’t come undone.
SLP Loudmouth Stainless – sounds awesome
19-row Mishimoto Performance Oil Cooler
Fluiddyne 3-row Radiator
Steeda Underdrive pulley
Canton Road Race Wet Sump Oil Pan CTR-15-784
Autometer Ultralite Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Water Temp Gauges.
BBK 1640 Timing Adjuster
Dyno’d at 241hp.

Drivetrain
Stock TR-3650. Has a short shifter – can’t remember which one unfortunately.
Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop – not yet installed. But will include.
Torsen T2R Diff
3.73 Gears
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch. Fitted at 68k miles
MM Clutch Cable, Quadrant, and Firewall Adjuster
Package and Clutch Pedal Height Adjuster

Suspension
For the most part it’s the Maximum Motorsport Road and Track Box customized for Camaro Mustang Challenge.
Bilstein HD Series Dampers. V36-4138-H5 Front Struts, BE5-6418-H4 Rear Shocks
H&R Race Springs
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Full-Length Subframe Connectors
MM Heavy Duty Height Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms
MM Solid Steering Shaft – Powersteering
MM Panhard Bar
BBK Rear Spring Isolators recently installed as I’ve been dailying it. Front Spring Isolators are still removed.
All Front and Rear Bushings replaced with MM Urethane Bushings
MM Solid Steering Rack Bushings
MM 4-point K-Member Brace
Strut Tower Brace
MM Front Swaybar End Links.
Stock Rear Swaybar is currently removed – will be included.

Brakes:
New Cobra Calipers installed mid 2019
New Master Cylinder mid 2019 – chasing the previously mentioned brake issues.
MM Stainless Lines Front and Rear
Centric Plain Cryo-Treated Rotors – Brand new. sub 500miles – no track days (last really well – 6-8 weekends)
Street Pads currently installed front and rear, but have HAWK DTC60 Pads front and rear to go in. Fronts are near new.

Wheels
4x 03 Cobra Replicas 17x9 in Black. Spacers included.
4x Enkei RPF01s – matte black. 17x9.5 +18 – the ones you want!!
3in Moroso Wheels Studs all round

Interior
Maximummotorsports Rollbar with Diagonal Brace
Sparco Ergo II Large – valid until 2022.
Sparco Sprint – valid until 22
Schroth Clubman Racing Harness – Driver and Passenger – valid until 2022
Sparco 330mm Wheel with MOMO Hub Adaptor
Billet Aluminum Pedal Kit.
‘$2 Throttle Spacer Mod’. Lifts the accelerator up to a heel/toe friendly position. Combined with the Pedal Kit, Heel/Toe is really nice.
I have most interior pieces if you want to go back to full street car. Don’t have stock front seats, carpet, or roof lining. I do have center console, seatbelts, all the rear seat stuff, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Just remember when changing out the brake lines don't let all the fluid out or you will need to bleed out the ABS system. Brian had an issue with that when he changed his out and then had no pedal. even if you need to top it off a little as you go..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts