Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a creaking noise that is coming from my passenger side door jam. This creaking noise happens whenever I begin to accelerate or go over a speedbump or begin to slow down, etc. I found that if I physically pull on the door latch loop connected to the rear fender portion of the door jam I can replicate the noise. I believe it is coming from the fact that the fiberglass/plastic door frame is rubbing against whatever metal structure is inside the B-pillar where the door latch bolts into the doorframe. I want to remove my back seat and then remove the interior plastic to access this area. I have a Haynes Repair Manual for 1994 thru 2000 Mustangs but the instructions they gave said to lift the rear seat cusion to access some release tabs. Now I don't know if our seat is different but I could not lift the back seat cushion up far enough to see anything! Has anyone removed their rear seat yet who can help? This noise is driving me nuts since it's the only annoyance on the car.

Black Bullitt #3651

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-25 01:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry...just replying to myself to bump this post to the top. Hoping someone new sees it and has the answer.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Yuk,
Just looked at the manual and if I am reading your post right, it wants you to take the uper quarter section off, need special torx bolt for seat belt retainer, then put the back seats down and pull like 3 on each side retainers. Doesn't look like fun but I know how annoying rattles can be.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved....a quick blow to the passenger door frame with a rubber hammer seemed to fix the creaking noise! No damage to door frame but just enough to move whatever two surfaces were making the noise.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ok but anyway to remove the lower seat run you finger along the underside and you will feel a release button close to middle press and lift seat hope this helps sombody, yes I have seen the second sticker

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks 1Bad !

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
There are two buttons for the rear bench.
One on the left one on the right. I used a
paint stir stick under seat surface. Those
buttons are about 2 inches aft of the front
edge. Release by pushing aft on the buttons.
Good luck!

·
Registered
132 Posts
The easiest way to remove the rear lower seat cushion is to insert a flat blade screwdriver between the carpeted bulkhead and the lower front edge of the cushion. Move the screwdriver from side to side until you feel it contact one of the two releases (one per side, about a foot on either side of the driveshaft hump). Once you contact the release, slowly move the screwdriver sideways, applying pressure toward the back of the car. It'll find the release button as you move it sideways and the button will release as you apply pressure. Once you feel/see what the first one feels like, the second will be a snap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2001 v6 "junk" mustang and just got it back from the shop and the creaking noise that I thought was also the back seat was the rear control arm. I was told that it was defective, might wanna get yours checked too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts