Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Back to the strip

534 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Lambo 
#1 ·
We took advantage of one of the last cool evenings for a few passes to see what kind of improvements the Brenspeed tune and BPR control arms made. Right off I noticed that the control arms eliminated the wheel hop when heating up the tires. It was hard to get the car to hook up, but easing the car off the line worked best. My best was 13.97 @ 102.3, spinning all through first, and not the improvements we anticipated. Our previous best had been 13.91 @ 103.5, but it was 20 degrees cooler and traction was much better that night.

On his first pass my son almost lost it and had to get completely off the gas or he would have spun the car. He was not alone, traction on street tires was awful last night. Then on his next run, he was lined up against an tricked up Evo, pulled a hole shot that would have made Ronnie Sox or Grumpy Jenkins proud, and jumped the Evo off the line. A quick 13.48 seconds later he beat the Evo despite the Evo running a 13.25. We were thrilled, 13.48 @ 104.3.

This fall after the weather cools off are goal is to get into the 12.s. I'm thinking aluminum drive shaft and drag radials, and another 2.0 60' time just might do it on a cool night.:wink:

#2 ·
And a good time was had by all, except the Evo driver of course. Good work.

#5 ·
We go to San Antonio Raceway, on I 10 just west of Sequin. It's a first class facility. I went to Little River in Temple, once. I will not go back. Small, crowded, rough surface, and downright scary at night. We'll probably wait till the fall to go back when the weather cools off. I'd like to get a MOCA group to go there, but when I proposed it last year I did not get much interest.

#9 ·
Not that im some super duper strip racing guy but...

I do know that street tires only get greasy and lose traction after smokey burnouts. The keep to consistent ET (well, as consistent as possible) on streets you should do two things. 1. Avoid the water like the plauge 2. Do a small spin of the tires, this will clean the tread of debris and scuff the rubber a bit so you can get the most from the tire.

#12 ·
It's all about getting off the line. The 60' time was 2.09, our other 60' times that night were all 2.3's and 2.4's. The difference was he eased it off the line versus dropping the clutch at around 2500-3000 rpms. I was equally impressed with the 104 mph trap speed, that was helped by the cool temps that night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.