Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
The Final. SAFETY!
BLLTT has a Watson 4 roll bar with cross brace, halon fire extinguisher on the cross brace for the driver to operate,, padding on the driver/passenger halo and 6 point Schroth harnesses for both front seats. I use an Arai full face helmet wirh a Schroth hans device, along with nomex gloves and nomex head sock, Passengers must wear a provide a Bell full face helmet with Schroth hans device and nomex glove. If their head size is too small, then a neck collar must be used with rental helmet. Safety.
When in the student's car, wirh OEM 3 PTS, I wear a neck collar and require the student to wear same. The neck collar is uncomfortable, but can safe one from bad whiplash. Found that in the student's Camaro, I could not exit through the window area with my large helmet and my student's small helmet would only fit thru sideways. Not an issue for large helmets with S197 & S559 Mustangs.
So, in my incident, the 6 pt harnesses and Scroth hans device saved my neck. Sore for a day. A foam neck collar would do the same, for just $30.

How the WIFE reacted?
She asked in the crap cell coverage from CMP, how many track days BLLTT had? 62. Will you run tomorrow? Yup, cosmetic damage.. She replied that she has been expecting thiss.

The track gods and Tinkerbell smiled on BLLTT and me, saving us from a worse incident at the KINK.. Getting new track tires. Will keep better record of track tire heat cyles. Preventative Maintenance. Brakes and Tyres are consequential damage of having fun on track.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
glad you are ok my friend and the car is just got some cosmetic damage. I will be up at Roebling this weekend with Rick he is running in the SCCA event. Saturday is suppose to be all rainy, this should be interesting. hope to see you soon my friend be safe and keep the wheels on the track.

Reactions: tossass4370

·
Administrator
6,423 Posts
Oh man, Bill. I am sorry this happened. Keep us updated on your repairs and new tires. I am glad you are not hurt!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
2,843 Posts
I had a steering wheel come off in a Formula Ford one time. Did way more damage than you.
When R rated tires are just about to the cord, they will give you a little wiggle warning. Generally speaking I won't use R compound tires more than 2 seasons. The heat cycling is very deceiving in it's underlying destructive effect.
Main thing is that you are OK. Cars can be fixed.

·
Premium Member
2008 DHG #3122
387 Posts
Glad to see you and BLLTT are (mostly) okay.

I learned the hard way that the rear bumper is more costly to repair and repaint than the front one.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts