Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Backfire problem? When I give some gas and the tack goes up to about 2-3 grand, you hear horrible back fire. Now is it just me or does alot more people have this problem???

Los
#3753 True Blue

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
los, this is the 1st i have heard of this from anyone! think you should have that addressed ASAP!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO WAY! I thought it was just because I had them damn shitty mufflers. PLEASE RESPOND!!!!

Los

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think I had a backfire the other day when I was getting on it. It scared me at first, but it has only happened once. Sounded like a loud pop in the intake. Haven't had it happen since. I willl keep monitoring it.

Eric

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok...
There is nothing wrong with the motor at all. I removed the air silencer because the car was backfiring before that. I thought the better it could breath, the back fire would quit. Well, it still backfires. I'm calling Ford tomorrow and see what happens.

Los
#3753 True Blue

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I was getting on it the other day and heard a loud pop....sounded like a backfire at the intake. This was the first and only time....

It's all about the passion.

2001 Mustang GT Bullitt...dark highland green...#1302
1999 Mustang GT...black...4.6...5 speed
1965 Mustang blue...289...automatic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG #1302 on 2001-08-23 10:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Ford dude said it could be a leak or that the fuel mix is too rich... I thought all this was computerized!!! Damn, is that why my car eats all that gas???

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
we've seen several Test & Dyno results (including Stangnet's) showing our fuel mixture running too rich.
i've finall found a Dyno shop here in St. Louis and i think i may go ahead and spend the money

·
Registered
93 Posts
The fuel system is control by the computer, but not when the throttle is wide open, this is safety feature that make sure that engine will not run lean, its better to have rich condition at wide open throttle so that engine will not over heat. Some of your problem can be related to injector sticking or malfunctioning fuel regulator these condition will not light the check engine light on the dash. If you did not get the check engine light to come on when these problems accured then problems can be mechanical problems. Whatever the problem the backfire is not normal and it should be looked at by the dealer. good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts